This position is closed or expired.
See other R&D jobs
Research Technician II
KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
Job Location: Saudi Arabia
Job Type: Research
Operating SEMs for bio-applications and materials science
• Operate and maintain state-of-the-art SEMs for biology and materials science applications. Provide strong technical support to both KAUST users and industrial partners. Conduct analysis to ensure high quality data being produced from the microscopes.
• Train the users (faculties, students, and researchers from both KAUST and industrial partners.
• Coordinate, schedule and perform maintenance of the microscopes when needed with SEM service engineer.
• Manage the operation of SEM and TEM sample preparation Labs
• Housekeep instrument activity record and prepare operating procedure
Organization: Research & Development Management
Division: Core Labs and Major Facilities
• Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering with 3 years experience or
• Master's Degree in Science or Engineering with minimum one year experience
• 3 years experience in a lab.
• Technical skills, scientific knowledge and ability to work in a team with faculty, staff and students in ensuring high quality imaging of biological samples.
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes:
• Willing to work in a service environment.
• Good English communication skills
• Strong ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
About the Company
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a brand new institution that’s set to inspire the next era of global scientific achievement. Opening in September 2009 we’re recruiting many exciting roles. One could be yours.