Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, all guest service has the potential to create a lasting memory when it is delivered with warmth and sincerity. Be an ambassador for our brand as a Reservation Agent, where the engaging and anticipative service you provide over the telephone will make our guests feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience to come.
What is in it for you :
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Book and enter room reservation requests using the Property Management System
- Sell guestrooms and tee times to groups and individual callers
- Provide all information requested by the caller in an efficient, friendly and informative manner
- Enter rooming lists while ensuring accuracy, as required
- Process advance payments on all reservations
- Prepare and update reports as needed
- Update reservations ensuring a flawless check in and check out process
- Ensure revenue is maximized by up-selling guest rooms and recommending hotel facilities
- Liaise and maintain excellent relationships with Sales and other departments as required
- Be knowledgeable of Key Accounts and their contracts
- Answer telephone and email inquiries in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Participate in the Chateau Whistler's environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations
- Be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Must be Saudi National
- Previous customer related experience required
- Previous Front Office or Reservations experience is an asset
- Previous Property Manager System experience preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Working knowledge of Concepts, Opera is an asset
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Professional telephone manner and demeanor with a natural response "smile" on the phone
- Demonstrated numerical aptitude with strong selling and assertiveness skills is a must
- Strong business communication skills (composing faxes, letters, etc.)
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts and a varied schedule
- Post-secondary education in a tourism or hospitality field is desired
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant sitting throughout shift
- Constant use of a computer and viewing screen throughout shift
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your
personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during
your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.