Job description / Role
A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position.
Responsible for coordination, monitoring and inspection of project construction/design activities to ensure that the quality of work is in compliance with the project specifications, approved drawings, applicable code, standards and within budget and schedule.
• Perform Construction Administration Services which includes monitoring Contractors’civil field activities of rough grading, structural concrete (e.g. manholes, lift stations, box culverts, duct banks, pump stations, buildings for substations), paving for roads, bridges regarding contract scope of work, site conditions, installation, progress, procedures, costs, schedule, and other contractual requirements.
• Witnesses contractors’ material selection, installation and quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent and finishing works are constructed according to the contract, applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications.
• Provides technical guidance to SRCM in interpretation of civil specifications. Reviews job plans, methods, material selection, equipment, staffing, productivity and detects potential problems in conforming to established schedules or specifications. Reviews problems with Contractor to determine whether proposed actions are adequate for resolution.
• Reviews contractor-submitted architectural/civil shop and as-built drawings, design inquiries, material submittals, interiors and exterior finishes, mock-ups, landscaping, and coordinates with the concerned departments for obtaining their approval and/or comments.
• Guides and reviews EPC contractor-submitted architectural/civil designs, specifications for compliance with contract documents including coordinating with the concerned departments for obtaining their approval and/or comments.
• Produce CADD drawings to help facilitate solutions to issues on the job.
• Arranges meetings between the contractor and concerned departments/end users to resolve interfacing problems during construction.
• Reviews contractors’ invoices for correctness of installed quantities for the civil portion of the works.
• Attends a bi-weekly meeting between the Royal Commission Construction team and the Contractor.
• Conducts or directs fact finding civil investigations and advises SRCM.
• Initiates and prepares for SRCM draft civil related letters, memos or reports to contractors and other Departments
• B. Sc. Degree in Civil Engineering from recognized western university
• Minimum of (8) eight years of field experience in civil construction and materials selection for civil projects such as rough grading, road work, bridges, storm drainage, and utilities (electrical and mechanical).
The candidate also should have:
• Field Engineer experience in application of Civil and construction methodology for focusing on rough grading, road work, bridges, storm drainage, lift stations, pump stations, and utilities (electrical and mechanical). Some housing development and community construction projects is desirable.
• Owner’s Engineer representing the Royal Commission
• Responsible for monitoring and inspection of on-site civil activities, including; rough grading, road work, bridges, storm drainage, manholes, lift stations, retaining walls, concrete ditches, box culverts, and duct banks
• Provide technical guidance to contractors, and utilizes expertise to ensure that the permanent works are constructed per the contract in accordance with applicable codes, standards, approved drawings, and specifications, budget and schedule.
• Provide technical guidance to EPC contractors, and utilizes expertise to ensure that the permanent works are designed per the contract in accordance with applicable codes, standards, approved drawings, and specifications, budget and schedule.
• Construction, civil (roads, storm drainage, lift stations, pump stations, retaining walls, manholes (electrical, sanitary, telecom and storm drainage), and building drawings
• Applicable l codes, standards construction practices
• Construction sequencing and methodology
• Knowledge of Indian Standards (IS), International building code (IBC) and Uniform Building Code (UBC)
• Must have or be able to obtain Saudi Driving License.
• Must be fluent in English – both spoken and written, and be able to effectively communicate with others.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), read construction schedules (Primavera).
• AutoCAD experience
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Civil Site / Construction Manager
|East Timor||28 Nov|