Job description / Role
• A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position.
• Responsible for coordination, monitoring and inspection of project construction activities to ensure that the quality of works are in compliance with the project specifications, approved drawings, applicable code, standards and within budget and schedule.
• A brief synopsis of reporting relationships i.e., reports to supports section, group, etc.; interfaces with senior management, clients, etc.
• Reports directly to the Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM) to receive administrative and technical direction in terms of project objectives. Interfaces with other Royal Commission Departments, End Users and Engineering Department Staff, and occasionally with Senior Management and Client representatives. Daily contacts with Contractor’s on-site engineers and management staff.
Major Activities Performed:
• Coordinates closely with Contractor’s electrical engineer to insure that all works are properly coordinated with other disciplines.
• Witnesses Contractors’ quality control inspections to ensure that permanent works are constructed according to the contract, applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications.
• Reviews’ as-built drawings, tie-in procedures, project schedules, and work permit requests.
• Reviews Contractors’ quality assurance and quality control programs, inspection and test plans, installation, testing, and as-built procedures, for all electrical systems.
• Arranges meetings between the Contractor and concerned departments/organizations to resolve interfacing problems during construction.
• Organize, coordinates, and conducts in conjunction with the concerned departments/organizations acceptance inspections and re-inspections of the completed permanent work, until all deficiencies are corrected and signed off.
• Assists the Project Control Engineers, or Contract Administrator, by reviewing Contractors’ invoices for correctness of installed quantities for the electrical discipline of the permanent works.
• Attends regularly scheduled meetings with the Royal Commission Construction Team and the Contractor.
• Initiates and prepares for Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM) draft electrical related letters, memos or reports to contractors and others Departments.
Experience and Qualifications:
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering from credited western university
Minimum ten (10) years of field or design experience in electrical work, preferably for educational facilities/building/infrastructure works:
• Medium Voltage and Low Voltage electrical system (13.8 kV and below).
• Building electrical power distribution systems and equipment.
• General load flows, calculations, basic relay and protection coordination.
• Pad mounted Transformers and switches (or unit substations and ring main unit)
• Fire pump and fire protection system (fire alarm, etc.)
• Lighting systems – exterior and interior Cabling
• Communications cabling and distribution (CATV) and Coax etc.)
• Building Management System (BMS)
• Coordination with other utilities and disciplines
• Construction and building drawings.
• Single Line Distribution drawings.
• Applicable electrical codes and specified requirements (NESC, NEC, IEC, IEEE or other related codes and standards.
• Building electrical code and methodology
• Must be PE – PMP certification
• Must have or be able to obtain Saudi Driver’s License.
• Must be fluent and be able to effectively communicate in both spoken and written English.
• Knowledge of computers and basic applications: MS office (Word, Excel, Power Point & Visio), read construction schedules (MS Project and Primavera).
• Advantage with AutoCAD experience.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Electrical Engineer (Healthcare)
Al Reem International Construction
|Abu Dhabi||7 Aug|
|Saudi Arabia||16 Jul|
Electrical Engineer - Luxury Hospitality/Residential
Electrical and Controls Engineer
One of the Leading Manufacturing Companies in UAE