Job description / Role
- Field electrical engineering position in construction management, and application of electrical engineering expertise on electrical distribution and service utility systems for residential and housing developments, buildings – single and multi-story, lighting, infrastructure and community construction projects. Owner’s Engineer representing the Client.
- Responsible for monitoring and inspection of on-site electrical installation activities and testing and commissioning. Provides technical guidance to contractors and utilizes his expertise to ensure that the permanent works are constructed per the contract in accordance with applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications, budget and schedule.
- Reports directly to the Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM) to receive administrative and technical direction in terms of project objectives. Interfaces with other Client’s Departments, End Users and Engineering Department staff, and occasionally with senior management and client representatives. Daily contacts with Contractor’s on-site electrical and management staff.
- Monitors construction contractors’ electrical installation and testing activities.
- Witnesses contractors’ quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent works are constructed according to the contract, applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications.
- Witnesses all testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up activities to assure contractors’ compliance with the approved plans and procedures.
- Reviews contractor-submitted shop and as-built drawings, materials submittals, tie-in procedures, project schedules, and work permits; and coordinates with the concerned departments for obtaining their approval and/or their comments.
- Reviews contractors’ electrical quality assurance and quality control programs, inspection and test plans, installation, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures, for electrical equipment and cable work, and provides comments for transmittal to the contractors.
- Arranges meetings between the contractor and concerned departments to resolve interfacing problems during construction.
- Organizes, coordinates, and conducts in conjunction with the concerned department's acceptance inspections and re-inspections of the completed permanent works until all deficiencies are corrected and signed off.
- Reviews contractors’ invoices for correctness of installed quantities for the electrical portion of the permanent works.
- Attends a bi-weekly meeting between the Client’s Construction team and the Contractor.
- Initiates and prepares for SRCM draft electrical related letters, memos or reports to contractors and other Departments.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from recognized western university with a minimum of 8 years of field or design experience in electrical work, preferably for electrical building works;
- Medium Voltage and Low Voltage electrical systems (13.8 KV and below)
- Building electrical power distribution systems and equipment
- General load flows, calculations, basic relay, and protection coordination
- Pad-mounted Transformers and Switches (or unit substations and RMUs)
- Lighting systems – exterior and interior
- Coordination with other utilities and disciplines
- Construction and building drawings
- Shop drawings and Material submittals
- Appropriate electrical codes and requirements (NESC, NEC, IEC. IEEE or other related codes and standards).
- Building electrical codes and construction methodology
- Candidate must be LEED certified
- Must have or be able to obtain Saudi Driving License
- Must be fluent and be able to effectively communicate in both spoken and written English skills.
- Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), read construction schedules (Primavera). AutoCAD is a benefit, but not a requirement.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.