Job description / Role
RCE Mechanical is a mechanical engineer role in construction methodology, and application of mechanical engineering techniques on major projects. Responsible for supervision of mechanical field construction, mechanical, piping and welding activities. Provides technical guidance and expertise to ensure completion within established schedule, in accordance with mechanical design drawings, specifications, codes/standards and contractual obligations.
• Receives administrative and technical direction in terms of broad project objectives from Senior Resident Construction Manager/Engineer (SRCM/E) – Mechanical. Frequent contacts requiring the capability to persuade, influence and/or motivate all levels of contractor representatives. Organizes plans and supervises activities of assigned construction projects.
Major Activities Performed
• Provides mechanical guidance to contractors regarding schedule, procedures, scope of work and other information requirements.
• Plans and organizes monitoring of contractor’s mechanical activities.
• Reviews activities of subordinates to ensure field mechanical operations are adequately monitored and all necessary tests and mechanical inspections are conducted.
• Develops a close working relationship with contractor.
• Provides mechanical technical guidance in interpretation of specifications.
• Reviews mechanical job plans, methods, equipment, staffing and productivity and detects potential problems in conforming with approved design drawings or specifications.
• Reviews mechanical problems with contractor to determine whether actions proposed are adequate for resolution.
• Reviews shop and as-built drawings submitted by contractor, and obtains engineering review and approval for same.
• Identifies and reports on discrepancies in original design or in contract documents which necessitate contract modifications.
• Reviews submitted construction, quality assurance and other procedures, and obtains necessary approvals.
• Coordinates with other departments to obtain required mechanical support.
• Coordinates interfaces between contractors and construction management staff where project has impacts on other projects.
• Reviews conflicts in schedules and coordinates tie-ins of facilities where applicable, witness mechanical testing/commissioning of piping and equipment’s
• Recommends approval of schedule changes in sequence of construction activities.
• Compiles technical data to prepare weekly and monthly reports on project progress and quality control.
• Conducts or directs facts finding investigations and advises SRCM on problems in meeting schedule or specifications.
• Assists SRCM in administration functions and initiates correspondence to contractors and other departments for SRCM’s signature.
• Reviews and verifies that items submitted for billing on Work Estimates are justified.
• Determines percentage of work completed and recommends payment as appropriate.
• Advises contractor when implemented work is not acceptable or of necessary corrective action or additional documentation required.
• Assists in coordinating the compilation of relevant documentation and the determination of actual events and situations causing contract delays and/or claims, and in evaluating validity of claims.
Experience and Qualifications.
• B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering from recognized western country university with minimum of 8 years of post-graduate field experience in mechanical, installation, testing and commissioning and welding work.
• Knowledgeable with applicable codes and standards.
• Knowledge in commissioning/testing is preferred.
• Good communication skills in English language.
• Candidate must be LEED certified
• Must possess KSA driving license.
• Computer literacy
• A US Professional of PE or PMP certification is required
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.