Job description / Role
- Field Engineer experienced in structural construction methodology and application of civil engineering techniques for residential and housing developments, buildings – single and multi-story, infrastructure, bridges, and community construction projects. Owner’s Engineer representing the Client.
- Responsible for monitoring and inspection of on-site structural and civil installation activities and testing and commissioning as needed. Provides technical guidance to contractors and utilizes expertise to ensure that the permanent works are constructed per the contract in accordance with applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications, budget and schedule.
- Reports directly to the Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM) to receive administrative and technical direction in terms of project objectives. Interfaces with other Client’s Departments, End Users, and Engineering Department staff, and occasionally with senior management and client representatives. Daily contacts with Contractor’s on-site engineers and management staff.
- Monitors Contractors’ structural and civil field activities regarding contract scope of work, site conditions, reviewing contractor’s daily work inspection report, testing activities, progress, procedures, costs, schedule, and other contractual requirements.
- Witnesses contractors’ testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent works are constructed according to the contract, applicable codes, standards, approved drawings, and specifications.
- Provides technical guidance to SRCM in the interpretation of structural specifications. Reviews job plans, methods, equipment, staffing and productivity and detects potential problems in conforming to established schedules or specifications.
- Reviews problems with Contractor to determine whether proposed actions are adequate for resolution.
- Reviews contractor-submitted shop and as-built drawings, design inquiries, material submittals, tie-in procedures, project schedules, and work permits; and coordinates with the concerned departments for obtaining their approval and/or comments.
- Arranges meetings between the contractor and concerned departments to resolve interfacing problems during construction.
- Reviews contractors’ invoices for the correctness of installed quantities for the structural/civil portion of the works.
- Attends a bi-weekly meeting between the Client’s Construction team and the Contractor.
- Conducts or directs fact-finding structural and civil investigations and advises SRCM.
- Initiates and prepares for SRCM draft structural related letters, memos or reports to contractors and other Departments.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering from recognized western university. A Civil Engineering Degree with extensive Structural experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of (Eight) 8 years of field construction structural experience in buildings or structures.
- Desirable structural experiences and qualifications:
- Working knowledge of multi-craft construction practices.
- Structural Steel frame experience with glass windows and walls, and glazing / cladding.
- Concrete experience with cast-in-place pilings, slabs, and structures.
- Professional registration.
- Multi-national work teams.
- Candidate must be LEED certified
- Must have or be able to obtain Saudi Driving License.
- Must be fluent in English – both spoken and written and be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), read construction schedules (Primavera).
- AutoCAD is a benefit, but not a requirement.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.