Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for Resident Engineers in KSA (remote location with experience in any of the following:
- Coastal & Inland Roads
- Marine Infrastructure & Causeway
- Utilities (RO Plant, Water Distribution)
To implement all aspects of the quality management systems and site supervision activities provision related to the Civil / Infrastructure Works across the project, perform inspections to deliver quality installations in accordance with the contract documents, relevant international standards and local authorities' requirements.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market.
We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Establish the site organization and lines of authority
- Be responsible for the conduct of the entire project.
- Take overall responsibility for all technical, contractual and financial matters relating to the delivery of the consultant's supervision duties
- Establish standards and procedures in conformity with PWA's requirements
- Liaise daily with the PWA's Project management team
- Manage the supervision team and monitor and supervise their performance and attendance
- Liaise with the Contractor
- Attend and chair meetings
- Prepare reports
- Monitor progress of the works against the contractor's latest approved programme.
- Check and sign all correspondence
- Sign off the contractor's interim payments following review by the SQS
- Identify and initiate recruitment of site staff through standard process
- Implement financial controls on the construction element of project
- Identify training needs and provide or recommend external training
- Set and maintain under review Company performance expectations
- Maintain reasonable discipline, resolve poor performance issues
- Provide pastoral care and encourage staff to develop their full potential
- Identify and manage project construction risks
- Advise the Project Manager on delays, cost and cost forecasts and progress
- Ensure quality of supervision and of work completed by Contractor
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of good records and documentation
- Ensure preparation of quality, safety and environmental plans/procedures and that they are met.
- Coordinate backup support from Head Office staff and technical co-ordination with discipline heads.
- Continually seek to improve upon the service provided and to come up with innovative ideas.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in large infra projects
- Previous site inspection experience
- Should be either Saudi national of expat currently in KSA on transferable Iqama
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English essential
- Must have integrity, be flexible and proactive
- Must demonstrate ability to act independently as part of a team
- Good team player, able to communicate effectively with colleagues
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).