Resident Engineer - Buildings - Remote Areas
Atkins Middle East
Job description / Role
Resident Engineer - Buildings - Remote Areas (Saudi - Um Luj)
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region. We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation, and other infrastructure programmes.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering consultants, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region
Atkins is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Resident Engineer (Buildings) with experience in Building projects.
To manage and implement all aspects of the Quality I HSE management systems and control site supervision service provision in support of the Site Operations Department goals for performance improvement and completion of project functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the delivery (time, cost, quality) of assigned package. Supervise the contractors to ensure the works are constructed as per specification and to established milestone dates.
- Manage and direct the supervision team to undertake day to day inspections of the works.
- Maintain a very high level of Safety awareness and ensure the contractor complies with his obligations. Capable of administering the FIDIC based contract.
- Resolves site issues Presents progress and package issues to client team.
- Discuss changes to the scope of work with the Client and key subcontractors.
- Responsible for following up on instructions & commitments associated with the project.
- Establishes Project Execution Plan, Health & Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan and other documents in relation to our scope.
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project and monitors site staff performance.
- Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the project and the site team.
- Assigns responsibility to key subordinates in their respective fields of expertise.
- Provides input to performance reviews and develop plans for subordinates.
- Work with other managers, project engineers and discipline Heads to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of the project.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activities within the program, including significant milestones and any conditions, which would affect project cost, schedule, performance or Client relation.
- Establishes internal weekly meetings to review project status and formulate action items.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Represent the company in Client meetings.
- Monitor Health and Safety of the construction works and lead to address violations.
- Manage, testing and commissioning and project close out.
- At least 10 years working in an Resident Engineer / Construction / Project Manager capacity
- Experience on large building projects (luxury hotels, High rise buildings) within MEA region
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering field and membership of a recognized Engineering institution.
Rewards & Benefits
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 26 working days annual leave.
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual return airfare to point of origin
Find out more about life at SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).