Job description / Role
Emerson Automation Solutions Middle East & Africa is currently engaged on a large program of works on behalf of the SADARA Chemical Company in Saudi Arabia. SADARA are currently constructing the world?s largest integrated chemical complex ever built in a single phase, with 26 state-of-the-art manufacturing units.
The program will see Emerson manage the implementation of an all encompassing state of the art solution that will positively impact the entire facilities operation to be located in the Jubail Industrial City area.
Fully loaded with Emerson's cutting edge technology the complex once fully constructed will be ready to stake is claim as the only chemical complex to crack naphtha in the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
One of the packages in the program of work related to Flow Solutions will require the expertise of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to act as Resident Engineer and to this end we are seeking applications from candidates that can demonstrate their expertise in this regard.
Overall Purpose of the Role
This position Site Resident Flow Subject Matter Expert will help customers to optimize the integrity and performance of their Flow assets safely and will provide Original Equipment Manufactures (OEM) expertise from installation, start-up, commissioning of Flow products and throughout the life cycle of the Flow assets.
Responsibilities and Experience
The Resident Engineer shall be a Subject Matter Expert of Flow having at a minimum of 5 years experience in the following technologies / meters:
1. Coriolis Meters
2. Ultrasonic Meters
3. Vortex Meters
4. Magnetic Meters
5. Orifice meters / Differential Pressure flow meters
The responsibilities at the Commissioning and Startup phase include but not limited to the following:
* At receipt of Instruments from manufacturer, assist Sadara to complete a functional test and document as received information
* Support when requested in Identifying any discrepancies from Sadara supplied data sheets from the actual product supplied
* Provide support to Sadara team in determining critical Instrument assets
* Using criticality list, support the development of a maintenance plan for each Instrument category
* When requested, Support in Creating and maintaining database of all documents related to Instrumentation received
* Complete investigation on all Instrument failures and
* develop a prevention plan. Diagnose plant issues related to Instrument failures.
* Provide OEM expertise to SADARA for proper procedures for installation and through start-up for Instrumentation
THE SADARA PROJECT
* Provide technical direction to Sadara for proper Instrument protection during line cleaning processes
* Provide day to day support to Sadara for on-site calibration checks and tuning requirements
* When requested by Sadara, Review Instrument installation and piping design issues
* Support Loop Check process and be SME for all Instrumentation related issues
* Support Sadara to Complete application and engineering review for any Instrument problems found during start-up
Responsibilities at Operation and Maintenance phase include but not limited to the following:
* Support Sadara maintenance technicians with troubleshooting and repairs as needed during Emergency / Breakdown situations to minimize equipment downtime
* Support Sadara to finalize all Instrument maintenance plans, including timeline for predictive diagnostics and turnaround repair Support Maintenance with visual checks of all critical instruments and flow meters on a monthly basis. Look for any damage to accessories, flange leak, loose fittings, rusting, etc.
* Document all modification work, new parts / material such as sensor, electronics, and software / firmware upgrades. Update all OEM factory records
* Create and maintain spare parts data for all instrument assets
* Maintain all technical documents such as instruction manuals and drawings
* Support Sadara to Maximize reliability of Instrument assets through the proactive use of a RCM program Increase reliability of Instrumentation through training on maintenance planning and OEM Instrument repair
* Support maintenance development plan for an OEM PM schedule for all critical Instruments
* Support maintenance to determine Instrument scope and priority of repair for planned outages
* Use an established Sadara approved management process for turnaround and outage management
* Support in documenting repairs and parts used for repair in database
You will also be expected to provide on-site training for Sadara personnel and provide class room training in the Emerson Jubail facility or at SADARA premises as and when required.
Basic Educational Qualifications
* Bachelor of Engineering or BSC in Engineering or equivalent
* Major in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation
About the Company
Emerson (NYSE: EMR) is a diversified global manufacturing and technology company. We offer a wide range of products and services in the areas of process management, climate technologies, network power, storage solutions, professional tools, appliance solutions, motor technologies, and industrial automation. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Emerson has more than 140,000 employees and approximately 265 manufacturing locations worldwide.