Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for Respiratory Therapist to provide care for patients with respiratory disorders and diseases in both inpatient and outpatient areas, including critical care (Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Department). The Respiratory Therapy Technician II works with all patient populations, including pediatrics.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
• Responsible for ensuring that patients receive the correct respiratory treatments, consults with nursing staff and maintains records of individual patient’s response to and compliance with their treatments.
• Must be confident in working with ventilators, oxygen delivery devices and aerosol treatments, used in the provision of respiratory therapy.
• Monitor patients’ response during treatment and report any unusual reactions to the physician and Respiratory Therapy Supervisor.
• Maintain artificial and natural airways
• Collect specimens, including arterial blood gas samples
• Perform hemodynamic monitoring, physiological monitoring and pulmonary function testing (PFT)
• Undertake cardiopulmonary tests under the direction of the physician or Respiratory Therapy Supervisor
• Apply and monitor medical gases and related equipment: humidification, aerosols, inhalation therapy
• Auscultate lung sounds to evaluate locations of respiratory problems; observes patient signs and symptoms
• Percuss patients’ chest and back using air trapping techniques, and positions patient for drainage
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records
• Provide patient education on device use, respiratory problems, disease prevention and lung health
• Organize delegated tasks in conjunction with Respiratory Therapy Technicians and Respiratory Therapy Supervisor.
• Assemble, maintain, calibrate, and clean/sterilize Respiratory Therapy equipment and machines, including preventive maintenance as applicable
• Comply with all relevant hospital policies, procedures and especially those related to quality, patient safety and risk management
• Promote and observe Infection Prevention & Control standards and practice, and wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to prevent biohazards
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria :
• Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy or completion of a recognized two-year program in Respiratory Therapy Technology
• Must have minimum 2 years of experience in both outpatient and inpatient settings (critical care experience preferred)
• Current registration/ licensure in country of origin
• Meets the requirements for registration with the Saudi Commission for Healthcare Specialties (SCFHS)
• Basic Life Support (BLS) required
• ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Lift Support) preferred
• Certification as a Respiratory Therapy Technician preferred
• Preferably a Saudi National
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.