Job description / Role
Restaurant Host/Hostess at Sofitel Madina - Saudi National
Are you a passionate creator of genuine memorable moments? Then, we have the job for you! As a host/hostess, you will be our ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued.
What is in it for you:
- ALL Heartist benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Welcome and register in-house & Outsiders guests using POS / room list/ restaurant reservation system.
- Escort, seat and assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions, menu items and preparation methods through actively studying the menus and taking part in trainings
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Take telephone bookings and maintain a clear and organized reservations system.
- Maintain cleanliness of hostess station and surrounding areas, as well as of all menus.
- Perform all opening, closing and side duties and fill out the required checklists.
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by the Outlet Leader/Management of the Hotel.
- To assist the Outlet Leader in liaising with other departments such as Housekeeping, Stewarding and Engineering to ensure a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance is maintained at all times.
- Ensure all safety and hygiene procedures are strictly followed.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets and other hotel services in order to advise all guests accordingly.
Your experience and skills include:
- Luxury five star experience necessary
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Should have min. 1 year experience as a Hostess for a reputed Hotel/Restaurant.
- Should have a strong F&B Product Knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail, Highly responsible, organized & reliable
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- High level of integrity, enthusiasm, dedication and support for continuous improvement.
- Understands international luxury travelers and their needs.
Your team and working environment:
Sofitel Shahd Al-madinah boasts a landmark location in the center of Madinah, a short walk from the northern entrance of the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi. The property features 469 keys, including the most luxurious suite in Madinah, two- and three-bedroom suites, Three dining outlets, an executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a fitness center with a gym, stand out as a beacon of modern luxury and French savoir-faire, blending the brand's unique sense of joie de vivre with the very best of the local.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.