Job description / Role
- Desired start date: Immediate
- Probation: 3 Months
- Working Hours: 6 Days a Week, 9 Hours a Day
- Travel requirements: local only
- Other Benefits: Medical Insurance
- Subordinates: Front and Back of House Staff
- Reporting to: Managing Partners
Our restaurant is growing and we are seeking an experienced Restaurant Manager to manage the staff and operation of our establishment.
Successful candidate responsibilities will include:
- Accomplishing restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieving restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meeting restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Controlling costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Avoiding legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the municipality.
- Maximizing restaurant profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizing the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintaining safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans,
- Maintaining ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Nature and length of previous experience: 7+ years in restaurant and hospitality industry
- Language Fluency: English and Arabic
- Current Location: Saudi Arabia with Transferrable Visa
- University Qualifications: Diploma or higher
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to manage multi-nationality team.
- Exceptional organization and leadership skills.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Problem Solving and Crisis Management.
- Presentation Skills.
- P&L Analysis.
- Budgeting and Planning.
- Excel and Powerpoint.
- Staff Scheduling.
About the Company
A leading consumer goods company in Saudi Arabia.