Job description / Role
Retail Make up Artist - NARS, Riyadh
The Make Up Artist is responsible for achieving optimum sales and targets by ensuring a high level of Guest Experience and professional standards. The Make Up Artist provides makeup demonstrations to customers and guides them through right make up combinations. He/she is also accountable for counter cleanliness, stock replenishment, handling new launches, promotion of products and merchandising.
In their endeavor to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
- Guest Experience Focus
- Build and maintain guest experience standards in order to build strong loyalty
- Address customers' queries about products, prices, availability, product uses, and services
- Communicate with customers to assess their needs, provide assistance in satisfying those needs and meeting or surpassing customers' expectations
- Advise customers on product ranges best suited to their needs
- Demonstrate usage and benefits of various brands and products.
- Generate sales, while achieving line and sales targets, using make up knowledge
- Push make up sales during events, promotions and launches
- Sell-out target tracking at store level
- Generate daily sales reports
- Participate in achieving incentives
- Post launch sales tracking at store level
- Ensure monthly make-up sessions are reached
- Ensure merchandising levels in the store are met as per the brand guidelines.
- Ensure in store stock replenishment in the appropriate shelves/counters, at appropriate times
- Report stock shortages using the stock order form
- Ensure stock receipt as per set procedures.
- Consultation and Demonstrations
- Advise customers on the most appropriate range of products to use
- Demonstrate usage of various make up products
- Assist and guide customers in make-up application.
Physical Requirements for the Job
- Minimum High School, Certification in make-up application
- 2 years in a similar filed
Retail Technical Competencies
- Core Competency
Level of Expectation
- Retail Affinity & Understanding
Demonstrates a passion and understanding of retail across markets, channels and brands through the discovery and development of insights
- Appropriate use of Retail Operating Model Knowledge
- Brand, Category, Channel (e-commerce), Market and Competitive Insight
- Right Store and Perfect Store Principles
Business & Commercial Acumen
Demonstrates a real understanding of best in class business practices, is able to create and develop sustainable own concepts, efficiently manage franchises, and maximise return on investment
- Proficiency in key retail financial levers
- Proficiency in Supply Chain Dynamics
- Negotiation Skills
- Selling Skills
Implements business plans hands on, with efficiency and agility, strong financial control, and seamless execution, resulting in consistent healthy business growth
- Retail Planning Skills
- Executing Key Business Operations
- Managing Performance
- Managing People
Foresight & Creativity
Thinks and acts ahead, demonstrating the ability to unlock opportunities that build and share an ambitious future
- Identification of the future state and articulation of the big picture
- Introduction of new ideas and ways of thinking
- Responsibility and risk calculation in order to achieve the relevant Group vision
Superior Guest Experience
Applies compelling shopper insights and knowledge to create a superior end to end shopper experience which generates goodwill and long term customer relationships resulting in Company growth and market leadership
- Accuracy of guest profiling
- Command of critical customer service drivers to ensure high standards
- Delivery of unique and rewarding customer experiences
Ability to evolve with the steps of evolution and culture within the organisation, and to engage with and align internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Ability to secure company wide buy in and commitment for ideas
- Connects and communicates effectively inside and out
- Effective internal communication
- Ability to switch between strategic and "hands on" approach
Behavioural Competencies Manners and Attitude
- Always stay positive, even under difficult circumstances. Build rapport with customers and colleagues
- Show team leadership qualities. Always willing to help others to achieve the team's goals
- Always stay punctual. Can always be relied upon to deliver what was promised. Anticipates others' needs and over-delivers
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.