Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, creativity is a team effort! Working as a Retail Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that Store Directors/Managers maximise the commercial performance of their retail shops and deliver exceptional Guest Experience. You will also be responsible for establishing a bridge between back-office and their network of stores which they control/audit on a continuous basis and implement corrective solutions and actions.
- You will understand the brand strategy and cascade within your given network
- In conjunction with Marketing, ensure the full implementation of the of marketing and CX strategies and programs
- Implement Brand guidelines taking in consideration each market specifications
- Agree on a yearly calendar of sales with commercial team
- Control discount and margins to insure constant business profitability
- Follow up periodically on the sales figures per line and stock at hand (Sell-Out)
- Manage potential shortages, review orders and inform merchandising team on the status
- Record, monitor and analyze market trends, competitors activities
- Provide commercial with quantitative and qualitative reports using data from market studies and in-house system
- Define sales target per sales team member
- Manage the P&L for the brand at hand
- Monitor the performance of the brand and send recommendation
- Manage the organisations' resources within budget guidelines
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep management appropriately informed of the brands financial position
- Develop and motivate team members to ensure transfer of know-how and continuous positive work environment
- Monitor team members performance and provide formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximise efficiency
What you'll need to succeed
- University Degree in Business Administration or any relevant field
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in a similar role
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.