Job description / Role
Retail Operations Coordinator - KBR
The job holder of this position is responsible for the first line of support to Stores, ensuring adherence and compliance with end to end retail operational and system processes. The job holder is also responsible for implementing, controlling, maintaining and providing feedback on the Standard Operating Procedures for all Retail Stores in order to ensure store employees adherence to the correct procedures.
- Follow all relevant Retail policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Follow the day-to-day activities related to own job with minimal supervision to ensure continuity of work
- Follow-up on escalated cases /issues/questions of junior team members to ensure they are closed efficiently and in a timely manner
Stores Action Plan Support:
- Perform analysis of stores regarding SOH management (e.g. results of stock takes and matrix, weekly and monthly monitoring of negative sales), POS transactions and exception reports, past SORT and SOAR rates and pain points, number of incidents and ad hoc feedbacks from business and operations
- Define action plan as per the parameters of each area and provide immediate support during or immediately after SOAR visits for remedial action (e.g. trainings, review of abnormal transactions, past performance and pain areas with store manager)
- Perform more visits to stores experiencing increase in issues (poor SOAR results, poor stock take results)
Collaboration with Local Commercial Teams:
- Conduct regular meeting reviews with area managers and store managers to review and find solutions to recurring operational issues and/or common issues identified across the retail network.
- Conduct monthly one-to-one sessions with each area manager to agree on an action plan on operational issues of their stores (SOH, exceptional transactions, incidents, SOAR issues) and work together on improvement
- Provide a monthly report to Operations Manager on all store operations status
Coordination with Regional Team on Action Plans:
- Coordinate with Regional Inventory Management process manager for follow-up on investigations after stock take results (e.g. stores with low ratings)
Group SOPs Compliance and Enforcement:
- Monitor completion of SORT by store managers (store readiness check-list) and incidents identified by the control room (operating hours, ethical behaviors, health and safety incidents) non-compliant with SOPs, escalate to Area manager if needed
- Verify compliance to Group store procedures, local constraints during own SOAR visits or analysis of Area manager SOAR results
- Contact immediately stores after incidents or breach of procedures communicated by Control room as per joint protocols
- Ensure users are operating as per system practice in compliance with system rules
- Analyze incidents (IT, RSO etc..) and identify issue related to process or training
- Plan process enforcement/training action plan according to the identified issues
- Recommend change of any process, if needed, to the Regional Operations team
Store Staff Support:
- Plan monthly program of trainings with RSO Dept. Manager and concerned Area Managers and coordinate with Retail academy or business for execution.
- Deliver trainings for all new joiners in stores on all systems (POS, SIM, RSO platform)
- Deliver trainings for all store managers on SOPs (especially refreshers and changes of SOPs)
- Analyze exception reports at transaction level to identify employee needs for trainings and recommend them to store managers.
- Assist store and area managers in identifying gaps in system and SOP training and undertake refresher sessions during store visits
- Program trainings of staff on stock on hand operations as part of the remedial plan following stock take investigations with the support of the Regional Inventory management process manager
- Coordinate with local APO for store training needs on Health and Safety
RSO System Management & Enhancement (locally):
- Act as the local ambassador for the RSO system, driving the approach to digitalize the retail stores.
- Maintain all local data such as supplies item list, service providers list, stores list, area managers list etc.
- Create initiatives on RSO and ensure store opening/closing, events etc are completed on time.
- Capture feedback from stores & service provider to enhance RSO
- Act as escalation point of contact for stores when service providers are delayed when providing resolutions and vice versa to Service Provides when stores require urgent support.
- Conduct regular meetings with all Support Services to review and follow-up on pending incidents raised on RSO platform, for timely and efficient resolution.
- Work with local Operations manager in conducting monthly assessment of performance and quality of service vs. SLAs of local support services provided to stores
- Analyze performance of local support services provided to stores for permanent improvement, highlighting pain areas and identify issues related to process or trainings; (I.E. review and analyze IT incidents raised by stores and agree on an action plans for resolution).
- Act as the single point of contact to support stores with Mall Operations Management (Operational issues only)
- Assist with investigation and collaborate for better asset protection
- Monitor part of the non-construction phase of store opening, renovation and closure process in collaboration with local projects team, area manager and other support services
- Validate purchase request of supplies and groceries (under assessment)
- Assist with organization of events (Kiosks, staff sales etc.)
- Assist in roll-out of IT projects by coordinating with Regional Operations team, act as local champion and put in place a training plan
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.