Rev Logistics - Area Manager
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon Worldwide Operations is the underlying fulfillment and customer service engine that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent, world-class customer experience every time. We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our MENA Ops Integration team. Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead Operational process improvement initiatives?
Join the RL Operations team as an Area Manager. As an Area Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring multiple sites from operations and compliance point of view. You will be working with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve timely launches and operations metrics. With customer obsession and a high sense of ownership, you will utilize your skills to identify patterns and any disruptions in it. You should be able to dive deep, scrutinize details and foresee data implications.
Key job responsibilities
Are you ready to champion outstanding customer service, Amazon style?
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow's problems today?
Then we have an opportunity just for you!
We're seeking an Area Manager to join our dynamic Fulfillment Center. Our Fulfillment Centers are at the heart of Amazon's rapidly growing Operations network: they're where we manage our fast-moving inventory. They're also where we developed our industry-leading workflows. Our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
In these facilities we're building the future of customer service, as we work towards becoming Earth's most customer-centric company. This is your chance to make history with us.
About the role and responsibilities:
You'll be responsible as a manager for one of the main teams in your FC: receive, stow, pick, pack or ship. Along with your peers, you'll ensure that all workflows run smoothly and that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded.
In the logistics team you enter and lead, we'll be entrusting a team of approximately 80 to 120 associates to you. You'll drive the training and integration of your team, while motivating and inspiring forward progress. All the while, you'll exercise sound judgement, making sure progress and KPI targets are worked towards and met.
While you achieve this, you'll ensure motivation, engagement and performance:
- You'll need to safeguard your team's safety, promoting Amazon's Health and Safety standards,
- You'll lead cross-functional teams, tasked with solving operational problems,
- You'll uphold Amazon's high standards of process quality,
- You'll maintain inventory accuracy,
- You'll strive to improve and streamline processes,
- You'll become a subject matter expert on larger FC processes and activities,
- You'll actively share and promote best practices with your colleagues and network
· You hold a degree in logistics, business administration, or in a related field, or you have an equivalent qualification
· A strong team player, you thrive when working with others,
· You're a natural at motivating others around you,
· You demonstrate problem-solving and analytical capabilities: conducting and driving Dive Deep analysis on complex processes isn't a problem for you,
· You're a quick thinker, able to act decisively in a fast-paced environment,
· You're willing and able to work to flexible schedules and shifts: you always commit the time required to get the job done.
· Candidate must be able to communicate in Arabic and English language.
·Ability to travel frequently for site visits across Egypt and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (50% travel)
·Prior background working on Tech projects to optimize operations, improve customer experience and drive cost reduction initiatives.
·Certified OE Black Belt or Green Belt
·Fluent in Arabic
Bachelor's degree in Operations, Engineering or Logistics (operational Black Belts welcome · Experience working on continuous improvement projects in a cross functional environment. Previous experience in a similar process development role, ideally in fast-paced industrial, logistics or production/ manufacturing environment
· In depth experience of Distribution and Fulfillment processes
· Excellent Project Management skills
· Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders and the ability to work under pressure in a cross functional organizatio
· Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
· Advanced data analysis skills and an expert in using supporting tools e.g. Minitab, JMP, MS Excel, MS Access
· Ability to modify dashboard/queries and write SQL queries on an adhoc basis
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.