Job description / Role
Overall responsible for preparing and executing Revenue Strategy for all aspects of the organization. Responsible for maximizing room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein. Optimizes hotel and corporate pricing strategies through definition and management of BAR levels, stay restrictions and other tactics, which are congruent with demand factors, and which are managed through all distribution channels
What's in it for you:
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide.
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world.
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Maximizes hotel RevPAR through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein.
- Continuous analysis of changing channel distribution models and the impact on consumer booking trends.
- Produce and analyze current and historical demand including lost business turndown, rooms on the books, competitive set and market trends to aid in more accurate forecasting.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated, and working to full capacity.
- Operationalizes hotel and corporate pricing strategies through definition and management of rate levels, stay restrictions and other tactics, which are congruent with demand factors and which are managed through all distribution channels.
- With rate integrity a cornerstone of our pricing strategy, the Director of Revenue will maintain rates which promote integrity and which protect the order of long-term customer value.
- Works with Director of Sales and Director of Marketing to determine effective and engaging rate offers (packages) which are then offered in to the right customer in the right channel.
- Monitors transient, group and tour booking pace in order to determine pricing and availability controls for all reservation distribution sources. Discusses changes to, and implements those changes in distribution plan accordingly.
- Develops fundamentals and provides guidelines to maximize revenues related to the sale of catering events, function space and all other revenue streams at the Hotel.
- Completes all rooms and revenue forecasting to accurately project unconstrained demand using Demand Analysis Strategy.
- Works with Director of Sales and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business.
- Tracking and analysis of competitive set pricing and yield strategies, gaining the ability to predict the comp set reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Plays an active role in the Strategic Planning, Marketing Plan and budgeting processes.
- Chairs and prepares materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the Accor guidelines for meeting content.
- Prepares timely revenue summaries as required by the Revenue Management Team.
- Provides guided learning so that all areas of the hotel that impact revenue are fully aware of the hotel Revenue Management strategies and understand their role in the plan.
- Provides training to Reservations and Front Desk employees on upselling and negotiating techniques.
Your experience and skills include:
- Business Development and commercial minded.
- Strong sense of need for achievement of goals and success.
- Sound ability and knowledge to develop standards of operations and strategic processes.
- Good analytical and numeric skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment.
- Good listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs.
- Able to develop relationships with 3rd parties and the hotel teams.
- Capacity to read situation, understand environments and respond accordingly.
- Well-developed interpersonal, adaptive influencing and supervisory management skills
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.