Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrates effective communication skills.
• Post-basic certificate in area of responsibility.
• BLS certified
• Possess other certification pertinent to area of expertise, i.e. NALS, PALS, ACLS, ATLS
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Support and assists the Head Nurse in establishing a good working environment in which patients receive a high standard of care.
• Takes responsibility for the direct delivery of professional and competent patient care by promoting quality care standards.
• Acts on behalf or at the direction of the Head Nurse/Charge Nurse in setting and monitoring standards for patient care.
• Participates in the care, custody and administration of medicines in accordance with hospital policy.
• Documents and reports all accidents/incidents to Head Nurse/Charge Nurse and Site Manager.
• Ensures that all nursing documentation is completed accurately and legibly and understands the importance and relevance of their confidential nature.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital quality program.
• Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care.
• Supervises junior and new staff and participates in orientation and development programs.
• Takes charge of the unit in the absence of the person responsible as required or requested
• Undertakes the role of the primary care provider specific to a defined patient group.
• Participates in the on-going training and development program of the department/unit.
• Takes responsibility for his/her own professional conduct and growth.
• Acts in accordance with all agreed Hospital and departmental policies and procedures at all times.
• Protects patient's confidentiality in accordance with the hospital policy.
• Performs a variety of supportive and technical nursing skills and utilizes a range of equipment, supplies, medication and other modalities in carrying out specific medical orders for administration of medications and performance of specific treatments, monitoring techniques and other diagnostic, therapeutic and supportive measures. Uses equipment in a safe and effective manner.
• Behaves in a professional manner at all times.
About the Company
Dita Consulting was established in 2004 and is a passionate company offering Training, Recruitment & Consultancy Services to clients throughout the United Kingdom & Worldwide. As a company, we have developed state of the art facilities and fully qualified staff who deliver professional training, recruitment and consultancy services to our diverse clientele.
Our operations are designed to provide innovative, flexible and cost effective services to our clients, helping them to remain productive, competitive and profitable.