Job description / Role
Large multinational manufacturing business is seeking an experienced, qualified Rigger 1 for its Yanbu operation.
The role is to lead and qualify the lifting activities using different processes to meet production demand.
• Ensuring safety standards are in line with OSHA standards
• Developing lifting and transportation plan
• Oversee all lifting activities including but not limited to lifting gears validity, hoists, and diverse types of cranes in the site
• Provide engineered lift drawings showing required rigging/lifting components, equipment positions and clearances
• Support and assist junior staff with lifting techniques
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to field Mechanics and estimating departments in the handling, lifting, and installing of large, heavy, and critical equipment.
• Perform lift analysis and rigging design for field and day to day activities.
• Inspect all lifting gears in the plant
• Design and prepare drawings for temporary items such as lift lugs, lift beams, monorails, jig stands, and roller tracks that need to be procured
• Review and approval of all subcontracted lifting and rigging plans, including verification of rigging certifications, ground bearing calculations, crane lifting capabilities and clearances
• Resolve rigging related issues
• Review rigging aspects of jobs assigned with the planning department to incorporate the optimal methods of job execution in the proposed schedule and cost
• Prepare drawings and detailed explanations of proposed tasks methods as requested
• Communicate with impact with field maintenance, safety, and operations
• Approve all lifting plans on the site
• We require either a High School graduate with 10+ years’ senior rigging experience or a Diploma in relevant subject with 7+ years’ experience in senior rigging.
• You must be fluent in English with an approved senior or Rigger 1 certificate.
• Understanding of OSHA certificates is a MUST.
• This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding business with opportunities to progress.
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.