Job description / Role
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
The RISE Expert position drives the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud proposition with the deployment of customer choice (Public or Private) on an infrastructure provider of choice.
The role is highly visible in the Market Unit and at Regional level and central to SAP's strategic direction and is chartered to deliver business growth that outpaces the market.
- The right candidate must have a clear Cloud Mindset and must have proven (pre-) sales experience, orchestrating a virtual team of diverse contributors towards a common goal, driving a multi-million euro subscription business, and knowledge in IaaS sales, and domain knowledge in the areas of our cloud intelligent suite and cloud solutions in general.
- This position will report into the Cluster RISE leader and is an external face to the market for the MU and the region, seen as a recognized thought leader by customers, partners and market influencers.
- Responsible for accelerating the readiness for sales, services, the partner ecosystem (GSSP's & VAR's), execute local demand generation, support/coach large deals, business development activities and identify and solve bottleneck leveraging local and regional resources across the RISE teams.
- We are looking for a person with a leadership style that is a blend of strong personal and interpersonal skills that form the basis of a leader's ability to impact, influence, and inspire within his/her own organization and across the Industries teams and LoBs.
- It is expected that the RISE Expert will be adept at creating and nurturing executive relationships, leading-by-example, and personally driving the sales execution in the most strategic customers and for the largest opportunities.
- We would also appreciate the RISE Expert having a transformational leadership style that creates positive change and growth, driving innovation and customer business success.
- Result oriented, enterprising and self-determined are fundamental requirements.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- RISE Target Achievement and Support/Coach Industry Account Executives by qualifying, nurturing and accelerating the selected deals and Lead or Support strategies at the opportunity level
- Support Market Units and individual QCs to build healthy pipeline coverage and drive innovation
- Scales beyond the capacity multiplying the thought-leadership and enablement into the organization
- Win References by supporting and introducing SAP Professional Services to accelerate RISE Cloud adoption and consumption and monitor the progress with the Lighthouse customers
- Support adoption of RISE in the Mid-Market via Partner teams and ecosystem - GSSP's & VAR's
- Orchestrate and develop joint Demand Generation activities and execute on sales cycle with the Partners- Hyperscalers
- Build and promote Demand Generation and Marketing Events to accelerate pipeline generation
- Increase the Total Addressable Market Space by identifying the local challenges and support requirements, helping with the commercial models and leading on the escalations around these topics.
- Builds strong professional credibility by effectively managing and developing relationships.
- Build and maintain a good relationship with various teams within the region as well as with global.
- Proficient at managing both direct reports as well as influencing stakeholders to foster greater impact and scale for your respective areas.
- Hold team accountable with targeted processes and tracking to foster team execution excellence and clear management visibility.
- Delivers clear, convincing and well-organized presentations. Projects credibility and poise even in highly visible and/or adversarial situations
- Has a thorough knowledge of cloud intelligent suite , cloud infrastructure, and the business technology platform, customer relationships and sales drivers, SAP Sales processes and understands how to drive the sale vs. Cloud competitor
- Achieve Cluster S/4HANA cloud subscription revenue targets
- RISE Cluster Leader KPI's
- Build and sustain rolling 4x pipeline coverage for MU/Region
- Ensure new pipeline is qualified and progressed (measured through
- Ensure all pipeline is progressed systematically (measured through
Operational Excellence & Thought Leadership:
- MU/Regional business plan (annual & quarterly)
- Sales forecast process from market unit / country - aligned with Regional Cloud Core Solutions Head and Global S/4 HANA Cloud Head
- Deal execution cadence and sales best practice for scale (current quarter, CQ+1, CQ+2)
- Drive excellence in engagement and leadership trust
- Minimum level of required education : Bachelor's Degree + MBA or Masters preference
- Specific areas of specialization: 10+ years of professional experience; demonstrated knowledge/expertise over different aspects of technology solutions
- 5+ years of Solutions experience with 1-2 years of SAP Intelligent suite and business technology platform product experience (or competitive), especially cloud intelligent suite and the
- 10+ years customer facing experience (sales/business development/consulting/presales)
- Minimum 10 years of professional sales experience with demonstrated expertise meeting and overachieving sales quota for region.
- Track record - Minimum 5 years - of leading large solution sales engagements to success
- Minimum 3 years of Sales Cloud experience
Sales & Pre-Sales
- Carried individual quota and strong track record of over achievement
- C-Level value based selling and positioning experience
- Proven track record at closing large complex license opportunities with strategic customers
- Ideally an understanding of SAP cloud intelligent suite and the business technology platform, in particular in comparison with traditional On-Prem landscape
- Understanding of SAP Ecosystem (SAP Internal, Partners and Hyperscalers, Customer)
- Ideally prior experience working within an SAP region, thus having an understanding of the SAP sales model and organization approach.
Skills & Ability
- Open doors for new business opportunities
- Deep domain product knowledge
- Ability to leverage and execute best practices approach
- Engaging and influencing cross-functional organizations
- Business planning, business case development, & operational excellence
- Ability to effectively interact with SAP regional and global leadership
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.