Risk Advisory | Financial Risk Regulatory - RTC | Accounting & Reporting - Senior Manager
Job description / Role
Risk Advisory | Financial Risk & Regulatory Advisory - Accounting & Reporting - Senior Manager
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Risk Advisory is all about the challenge of helping our clients manage risk and uncertainty, from the boardroom to the network. The spectrum of risk is broad, and our core competencies encompass control assurance, internal audit, corporate governance consulting, risk management, regulatory consulting, and IT security services. To be a Risk Advisory professional with Deloitte & Touche Middle East means you will gain a wealth of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Diversity is not just a part of the business landscape in the region but also an integral part of Deloitte & Touche Middle East. Just as we are committed to seeing our clients excel, we are committed to providing you with the right environment to learn and grow and to tailor a career to your needs.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most- for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
During your tenure as a Senior Manager in Accounting & Reporting, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with IFRS GAP/Impact assessments and Implementation
- Expertise in providing advisory services to client transitioning between accounting frameworks (e.g. IFRS for SME to full adoption of IFRS)
- Experience in providing complex accounting and reporting advice across public and private sector
- Knowledge of Middle East accounting practices and regulations
- Ability to take ownership of tasks while assisting junior members of the team
- Support the leadership in the development of applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate Deloitte
- Be proactive and driven to continually learn accounting framework (IFRS/IPSAS etc.) amendments and updates to local regulation
- Manage a portfolio of clients assigned by leadership, maintaining a relationship of trust and
- continuing business with strategic clients
- Contribute to continued growth and profitability for Deloitte, by identifying and capitalizing
- on business development opportunities in existing and potential clients for own and other
- areas of the firm
- Collaborate with colleagues across service lines to strengthen Deloitte proposition within the
- ME market
- Ability to demonstrate complex accounting to into sizeable solutions addressing clients challenges and objectives across a variety of clients
- Assist clients with the challenges surrounding GL and management reporting.
- Ability to develop and review policy and procedures, including process maps across accounting, operational and technical domains
- Solid understanding of IFRS framework including IFRS 15, IFRS 16, IFRS 17 and IFRS 9
- Ability to provide insights on key risks and challenges in ERP/Financial system implementation projects
- Assist clients with identifying their accounting/reporting challenges by carrying out root cause analysis and developing solution for the same
- Assist the team manager for engagement planning and overall project management
- Assist the team and client with preparation of Business Requirement Document (BRD) encapsulating all requirements from business stakeholders
- Assist clients with preparing financial statements as per applicable accounting framework
- Assist clients with transforming their finance function, restructuring processes, management reporting and design of control framework
- Draft Target operating model (TOM) for Finance department leveraging client input and strategy
- Preparation of approach/ methodology in proposals in response of client RFP
- Interact and develop relationship with key client staff and engaging in a professional and confident manner
- Document complex business processes by applying a variety of techniques, tools, and technologies to identify operational inefficiencies and non-compliant situations
- Ability to navigate multiple commitments on a regular basis to balance tasks across various client commitments
- Willingness to travel within on a need basis to manage project requirements
- Ensure adherence to the firm's polices
- Build, motivate and manage junior staff while managing expectations of projects managers within Deloitte and client
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Professional Qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CFA)
- Bachelors/ Masters in Business/Accounting/Finance/Economics
- 12+ years of experience in a relevant professional discipline/ industry.
- Experience in big four companies is a plus
- Fluency in English is a must
- Bilingual candidates having fluency in Arabic will be preferred
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity