Job description / Role
Our client, a philanthropic organisation in Riyadh, KSA requires a Risk & Compliance Director to join on a permanent residential basis. The main purpose of the position is to ensure that major Entity risks are accounted for, mitigated as much as possible and the correct risk handling strategy applied.
To ensure together with the Legal Director, compliance with external legislation in the markets in which the groups operates. The Risk and Compliance Director will have oversight and responsibility for the following:
• Develops the Entity’s risk and compliance strategy in line with the overall direction to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies
• Communicates the risk and compliance strategy to all relevant internal and external stakeholders, ensures alignment across subsidiaries and tailors the strategy to individual circumstances within each subsidiary, as required
• Leads the development and implementation of the company’s risk register and associated risk matrix
• Ensures that mitigating actions and the required risk management strategies (Transfer, Avoid, Reduce, Accept) are in place and being executed
• Monitors the risk register at regular intervals and ensures changes to internal and external risks are captured, analysed and included in the risk register Compliance
• Develops and implements the required compliance policies, procedures and systems in order to ensure compliance with all internal and external requirements
• Ensures together with the Legal Director, that the group’s operations comply with local legislation in the markets in which it operates
• Ensures appropriate compliance information in recorded and stored in an accessible way
• Develops and implements the group’s policies, procedures and systems in order to ensure ethical operations, and the correct treatment of all stakeholders
• Serves as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities, including but limited to procedures for whistleblowers
• Ensures appropriate ethics and complaint information in recorded and stored in an accessible way
IT Systems, IT Security and Disaster Recovery
• Together with the IT department, ensures that the necessary IT systems in place for recording, storing and managing risk, compliance and ethics information is identified and implemented
• Together with the IT department, ensures that the necessary disaster recovery protocols are developed, implemented and communicated to relevant stakeholders
• Together with the IT department, develops and implements the necessary IT security policies and procedures and ensures communication of these to all required stakeholders
• Reviews and approved all IT tools and systems
Control and Audit
• Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
• Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues
• Liaises with third party auditors where required, and provide assistance to internal and / or external auditors where required
• Ensures appropriate control and audit information in recorded and stored in an accessible way
• Regularly audits the state of the Entity’s crisis plans and disaster recovery systems, and ensures mitigating actions are initiated and implemented
• Regularly audits the implementation of the company’s IT security controls, and initiates mitigating actions where gaps and / or breaches are discovered
Other areas of responsibility includes Budgeting and Planning, Reporting & People Management.
• Suitable candidates will be a Saudi national with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any related field, MBA or equivalent relevant post-graduate qualification from a recognised business school, Professional qualification in Risk Management or Audit highly desirable and at least 10 years of experience in a risk management environment in a highly sensitive/confidential environment.
• At least 5 years in a senior management role within risk and / or audit in a holding company type setting, ideally within Saudi Arabia
• Experience from setting and implementing risk mitigation strategies, compliance strategies and systems for ethical operations for a diversified company
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies