Job description / Role
• Develop and manage Rafal’s risk and compliance function
• Implement and maintain a sound enterprise-wide integrated risk management framework including investment, market, operational and ethics and compliance risk
• Oversee and develop a comprehensive process for assessing, identifying, documenting, monitoring, effectively managing and reporting pertinent business known and emerging risks that could interfere with Rafal’s core purpose and ability to grow and develop its business lines
• Facilitate the maintenance of risk corporate policies including credit and counter party risk, market risk, operational risk, compliance, security and portfolio valuation, acceptable use, information security, physical security, business continuity planning, and limit breaches and escalation
• Lead the facilitation, implementation and monitoring of effective risk management practices and ensure operating policies and procedures are complied with throughout the organization
• Monitor risks and prepare reports to management and other risk committees on various aspects of risk management e.g. reports of monitoring key risk indicators
• Manage the design and implementation of compliance activities in all relevant areas of operation
• Implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance program and efficiently offer on-going advice to any member of staff in respect to compliance related issues
• Conduct reviews to evaluate compliance to laws, regulations and internal procedures
• Follow up on the implementation of risk / compliance recommendations and evaluate the responses and actions taken by management, as well as provide advice and clarifications to others when necessary
• Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking, heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training programs and coaching
• Establish a high level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with business partners, key stakeholders and collaterals
• Align your values with the Mission, Vision and Values of Rafal
• Build strong relationships throughout the organization and act as a catalyst for process and system improvements for the organization.
• Continuously search for ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our risk management function.
• Perform other duties as we may need you to do
• Graduated from Accounting / Business / Finance background
• Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills
• Collaborative and professional; able to communicate, educate and relate effectively with all levels of the Company.
• Ability to recognize risk areas and ability to look past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues
• Ability to inspire action without relying solely on authority.
• High independent decision making, strong problem identification and resolution skills
• Ability to manage multiple complex initiatives and interact / balance priorities with a wide variety of functional areas
• Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent understanding of the risk management standards (COSO ERM & ISO) and ability to fully comply with these standards.
• Ability to conduct risk modelling in line with the various established risk analysis models
• Ability to manage projects and, when required, supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
• Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the senior management.
• Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture.
About the Company
Headquartered in Riyadh, Rafal Real Estate Company was founded in late 2007, with the objective of developing distinguished communities with unique lifestyle, offering both, clients and Investors, a real opportunity to live and invest in style.
RAFAL is owned by leading business groups in KSA; namely, A. K. Al Muhaidib & Sons Co., Ibrahim A. Abunayyan & Bros Co., and Arabian Tawazon for Commercial Investment Co. Ltd.