Job description / Role
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a risk manager to work on a prestigious high-rise tower project based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Working within the project and business environments, managing and controlling project and internal risks within an overall project controls framework, the responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Preparing the project-specific risk management plan (RMP), processes and procedures to reflect the progress of the project against best practice as described in ISO 31000 and in accordance with the programme-wide risk management framework and reporting requirements
• Preparing, actively managing and conducting workshops as appropriate to identify, log, track via a risk register, manage and mitigate risks
• Ensuring that risk management adds value to the project through proactive risk response planning
• Liaising regularly with the project team for the assessed key risks together with action dates and requirements
• Carrying out quantitative cost and schedule risk analysis using software tools (eg Oracle Pertmaster) and reporting the findings on a regular basis
• Consulting regularly with the construction management and quality disciplines on the performance of the contractors and updating the risk register accordingly
• Supporting constant improvement and maturity of risk management practices
• Maintaining the Currie & Brown internal risk register for the project
• Facilitating monthly meetings with senior members of the project team to update the internal risk register, reporting regularly on the internal risks and the progress made on implementing the response actions
• Monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators
• Recommending those risks that should be elevated to senior management
Candidates must have the following requirements:
• BSc in construction management, engineering, architecture, planning or management information system
• A minimum of ten years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy or contractor
• Accredited to a relevant professional body such as APM, CIOB or PMP
• Experience working on high-rise projects, fit-outs, testing and commissioning and tenancy co-ordination
• Post-contract experience through to handover
• Middle East experience is essential
• Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
• Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure - the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an 'off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all' solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Risk Manager - Construction
|Saudi Arabia||30 Apr|