Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Roads/Civil works Engineer to lead the supervision of gardens construction for a major roads & infrastructure project in Jeddah.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Direct construction activities at project site.
• Review of Inspector’s daily reports and prepare engineer’s daily Diary.
• General oversight of inspectors’ daily activities including work assignments, on site performance, and guidance on the site performance, and guidance on the supervision of the Contractor’s operations.
• Review of the Contractor’s joint measurement and testing requests and subsequent completed reports.
• Review and approve the Contractor’s Shop Drawings as delegated by the construction manager.
• Monitoring the performance of the survey party.
• Coordination with the Contractor’s supervisory personnel regarding schedule, sequence and method of work.
• Monitoring conformance with the Contractor’s schedule.
• Continuous field inspections of the work in progress and consultation with both the Engineer’s and Contractor’s supervisory staff.
• Preparation of written and oral reports to the Construction Manager on contractual and procedural matters.
• Review of as-built drawings, in coordination with inspectors and surveyors
• Check all work order items, drawing and quantities before commencement of work.
• Check and follow setting out, L.O.C of every work order.
• Coordinate and co-operate with Clients representative every time during inspection and site visit.
• Coordinate with Contractor’s Engineer regarding request routing, checking, testing and calculations for approved works.
• Liase with clients and their representatives (engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience:
• Minimum 10 years of experience in construction and management of roads and civil works.
• Preferred to be fluent in Arabic and English.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
• Excellent client relationship skills, demonstrated by referees
• Excellent communication and team skills Ability to work as part of a team
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Civil, Structural / Architectural Engineer
Civil Constructions Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||23 Apr|
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Civil Maintenance Engineer
Big Fish Recruitment