Job description / Role
Rotoflow – Aftermarket Balance Technician
Rotoflow, An Air Products Business, is a full-service turbomachinery OEM - providing a wide-range of new equipment solutions and aftermarket services to our customers globally in market segments such as industrial gases, petrochemicals, and hydrocarbons.
Worldwide aftermarket services are provided from regional service centers for OEM and non-OEM equipment.
We are seeking an Aftermarket Balance Technician to perform precision balancing of repairs of various types of turbomachinery at our newly opened Dharan facility. The successful candidate will enjoy:
• Working out of the newly established state of the art repair center,
• Being part of and helping develop/grow a world-class service and machinery business from its initiation and seeing the results of candidate’s direct efforts,
• Working closely as a team with highly experienced, motivated team members including engineers, designers, project managers, and sales to exceed customer requirements and expectations,
• Being part of Air Products - a large and growing company with proven track record of stability and sustained profitable growth.
• The position is responsible for component and assembly balancing of high speed precision parts and components of a variety of expansion, compression, and fluid handling equipment used in air separation, hydrocarbon, and petrochemical applications.
• The incumbent must uphold the company’s safety philosophy and processes for all facility activities. This position will support the Rotoflow expander business along with a variety of other rotating equipment in support of our Air Products business.
• This position reports to the Operations Manager.
• Ensure a safe work environment by ensuring all Air Products safe work procedures are followed and implementing the Air Product’s Basic Safety Process.
• Understand industrial safe work processes and standards in a manufacturing environment working with ASU, hydrocarbon and petrochemical industry equipment.
• Close tolerance assembly of rotating components using precision measuring tools and equipment.
• Precision low speed balancing of components and assemblies.
• Demonstrate both professional and technical knowledge of turbomachinery and reciprocating equipment.
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills; maintain free and open communication.
• Demonstrate the ability to read, interpret and work with complex part assemblies and assembly drawings.
• Ensure quality documentation is completed throughout all equipment refurbishing.
• Associates degree in related industry is preferred,
• Previous experience with reciprocating and centrifugal pumps, compressors, and expanders and/or turbines.
• Extensive knowledge performing dynamic balancing preferably with Schenck equipment and controllers, familiarity with ISO and API balance standards and criteria.
• Knowledge of industry work practices required.
• Knowledge of geometric dimensioning at tolerance (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5M and ANSI Y1.1 ability to read and interpret drawings.
• Proficient with PC programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Sharepoint etc.,
• Excellent attention to detail,
• The ability to work collaboratively across the business to perform responsibilities.
• A strong safety focus, with a full understanding of the applicability of Government EHS regulations and the Company’s Global EHS policies and procedures.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.