Job description / Role
Rotoflow – Aftermarket Machinist
Rotoflow. An Air Products Business, is a full-service turbomachinery OEM - providing a wide-range of new equipment solutions and aftermarket services to our customers globally in market segments such as industrial gases, petrochemicals, and hydrocarbons.
Worldwide aftermarket services are provided from regional service centers for OEM and non-OEM equipment.
We are seeking an Aftermarket Machinist to perform repairs of various types of turbomachinery at our newly opened Dharan facility. The successful candidate will enjoy:
• Working out of the newly established state of the art repair center,
• Being part of and helping develop/grow a world-class service and machinery business from its initiation and seeing the results of candidate’s direct efforts,
• Working closely as a team with highly experienced, motivated team members including engineers, designers, project managers, and sales to exceed customer requirements and expectations,
• Being part of Air Products - a large and growing company with proven track record of stability and sustained profitable growth.
• The position is responsible for the precision machining of parts, components and tooling used in a variety of expansion, compression, and fluid handling equipment used in air separation, hydrocarbon, and petrochemical applications.
• The incumbent must uphold the company’s safety philosophy and processes for all facility activities.
• This position will support the Rotoflow expander business along with a variety of other rotating equipment in support of our Air Products business.
• This position reports to the Operations Manager.
• Perform all duties necessary to operate a wide range of manual machining operations. Lathe, milling machines, radial drill presses, surface grinders etc.
• Ability to read prints, calculate speeds and feeds and use precision inspection equipment.
• Ability to set up and machine complex geometries including threading
• Has working knowledge of advanced shop mathematics, including trigonometry
• Perform all operations necessary to rework and refurbish parts and components used in our precision rotating machinery.
• Ability to machine and maintain tolerances within .001
• Oversee and maintain equipment and supplies in the machine shop area.
• Assist with precision rotating machine assembly as needed
• Associates degree in related industry is preferred,
• Possess advanced manual machining skills.
• 10 years previous machining with tool and die maker skills preferred
• Good computer skills
• Knowledge of manufacturing practices preferred
• Knowledge of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning
• Extensive knowledge and experience in safe material handling
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good verbal and written communications skills
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.