Job description / Role
Rotoflow – Aftermarket Material Handler/Logistics
Rotoflow™, An Air Products Business, is a full-service turbomachinery OEM - providing a wide-range of new equipment solutions and aftermarket services to our customers globally in market segments such as industrial gases, petrochemicals, and hydrocarbons.
Worldwide aftermarket services are provided from regional service centers for OEM and non-OEM equipment.
We are seeking an Aftermarket Material Handler/ Logistics Clerk responsible for providing expertise and support for our Aftermarket business in our Dharan Service Center. The successful candidate will enjoy:
• Being part of and helping develop/grow a world-class service and machinery business from its initiation and seeing the results of candidate’s direct efforts,
• Working closely as a team with highly experienced, motivated team members including engineers, designers, project managers, and sales to exceed customer requirements and expectations,
• Being part of Air Products - a large and growing company with proven track record of stability and sustained profitable growth.
• The position is responsible for the handling and control of all incoming material and material storage.
• This position is also responsible for all shipments of parts and components of a variety of expansion, compression, and fluid handling equipment used in air separation, hydrocarbon, and petrochemical applications to domestic and international customers.
• The incumbent must uphold the company’s safety philosophy and processes for all material handling activities.
• This position will support the Rotoflow expander business along with a variety of other rotating equipment in support of our Air Products business.
• This position reports to the Aftermarket Operations Manager.
• Perform all duties necessary to receive, store and issue materials, parts and equipment in the storeroom area.
• Perform all operations necessary to receive and ship all incoming and outgoing materials and products including wrapping, packing, weighing, stenciling, addressing, crating, uncrating, loading and unloading.
• Prepare all necessary records.
• Collect, move to and from, and sort materials, parts and equipment into bins, shelves or racks.
• Prepare required materials for shipment based on shipping authorities and multiple types of system generated paperwork.
• Process all necessary paperwork, pull parts and material from stock, wrap, pack, weigh and prepare for delivery to shipping area.
• Operate equipment necessary in the performance of duties such as forklift, hand truck, cranes and company trucks.
• Perform inventory, receiving and shipping in our ERP system (SAP).
• Generate required paperwork and documentation for international import/ export shipment
• Ensure a safe work environment by ensuring all Air Products safe work procedures are followed and implementing the Air Product’s Basic Safety Process.
• Understand industrial safe work processes and standards in a manufacturing environment working with ASU, hydrocarbon and petrochemical industry equipment.
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills; maintain free and open communication.
• High school diploma/GED
• Have knowledge of shipping procedures, practices, routes, available means of transportation and rates, as well as knowledge of components, materials nomenclature, records required, material control systems, and other information necessary to perform the duties of the classification.
• Extensive knowledge of inventory control operations
• Extensive knowledge of international importation and exportation requirements and trade compliance
• Knowledge of manufacturing practices preferred
• Extensive knowledge and experience in safe material handling
• Knowledge of industry work practices required,
• Proficient with PC programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.,
• Excellent attention to detail,
• The ability to work collaboratively across the business to perform responsibilities.
• Familiarity with data entry preferred
• Extensive SAP experience required (shipping, receiving and inventory management transactions a plus)
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.