Job description / Role
Rotoflow – Aftermarket Quality Inspector
Rotoflow, An Air Products Business, is a full-service turbomachinery OEM - providing a wide-range of new equipment solutions and aftermarket services to our customers globally in market segments such as industrial gases, petrochemicals, and hydrocarbons.
Worldwide aftermarket services are provided from regional service centers for OEM and non-OEM equipment.
We are seeking an Aftermarket Quality Inspector to perform quality control inspections off precision parts to part drawings at our newly opened Dharan facility. The successful candidate will enjoy:
• Working out of the newly established state of the art repair center,
• Being part of and helping develop/grow a world-class service and machinery business from its initiation and seeing the results of candidate’s direct efforts,
• Working closely as a team with highly experienced, motivated team members including engineers, designers, project managers, and sales to exceed customer requirements and expectations,
• Being part of Air Products - a large and growing company with proven track record of stability and sustained profitable growth.
The position is responsible for all precision part inspections, calibrations and NDT of components of a variety of expansion, compression, and fluid handling equipment used in air separation, hydrocarbon, and petrochemical applications. The incumbent must uphold the company’s safety philosophy and processes for all facility activities. This position will support the Rotoflow expander business along with a variety of other rotating equipment in support of our Air Products business. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
• Perform all new part quality control inspections of precision parts to part drawings
• Perform and document precision inspection of used parts against parts drawings to determine usability.
• Perform inspection verification of in-house operations, balance, machining and assembly of precision rotating equipment.
• Manage all necessary records and documentation of material certifications.
• Annual and semi-annual calibrations of all inhouse inspection measuring instruments
• Perform all inhouse NDT testing
• Perform inspection of parts and components using coordinate measuring instruments
• Confirm inspection results in our ERP system (SAP).
• Create Non-Conformances in our ERP system (SAP).
• Ensure a safe work environment by ensuring all Air Products safe work procedures are followed and implementing the Air Product’s Basic Safety Process.
• Understand industrial safe work processes and standards in a manufacturing environment working with ASU, hydrocarbon and petrochemical industry equipment.
• Close tolerance machine assembly using precision measuring tools and equipment.
• Demonstrate both professional and technical knowledge of turbomachinery and reciprocating equipment.
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills; maintain free and open communication.
• Ensure quality documentation is completed throughout all equipment refurbishing.
• Associates degree in related industry is preferred,
• Have extensive knowledge of precision part inspections using manual and computerized methods
• Extensive knowledge of geometric tolerance and dimensioning
• Extensive knowledge of the use of coordinate measuring machines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Extensive SAP experience required (NCR, confirmations, a plus)
• Knowledge of industry work practices required,
• Proficient with PC programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.,
• The ability to work collaboratively across the business to perform responsibilities.
• A strong safety focus, with a full understanding of the applicability of Government EHS regulations and the Company’s Global EHS policies and procedures.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.