Royal Service Agent
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Royal Service Agent
The Royal Service Agent is the heartbeat of the hotel operation. They will process all external and internal calls by either redirecting calls or assisting the caller. The Royal Service Agent will take ownership of the callers request and ensure follow up according to the hotels standards. They will serve as a liaison for guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel. All the while maintaining the hotels telephone system and assisting all external and internal guests in operating the telephone system .
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Royal Service Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responds to all incoming calls complying with FHR standards, and transfers them to the appropriate destination.
- Takes full accountability for all internal and external guest requests, transmitting the information to the responsible department.
- Logs all requests and ensures timely follow up to ensure a seamless service experience for guests.
- Ensures all wake-up calls are accurately logged and executed.
- Ensures that all telephone extension lists are maintained and updated regularly.
- Have a full working knowledge of emergency procedures; ensuring telephones are answered whilst coordinating communication until final evacuation.
- Adheres to and promotes all Company Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Handles emergency line and elevators emergency alarms, working alongside Engineering to schedule regular maintenance checks.
- Receives and distributes faxes, voice messages and written messages for guests and internal departments.
- Possesses a full command of the systems needed to deliver the Royal Service experience (necessary training will be provided).
- Maintains knowledge of all facilities, services and promotions in order to respond confidently and effectively to inquiries.
- Proactively works with other teams as part of a guest-centric community, caring for guests and colleagues alike.
- To be ambassadors, leaving lasting impressions for our guests.
- Use natural talents to connect with the guest and create a memorable experience.
- Committed to evolving our service based on regular feedback, thus ensuring consistent deliverance of a personalized guest experience.
- Excellent command of English and confidence in communication skills
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Must be a strong team player, professional and motivated with excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Opera PMS, Fairmont Service Systems, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel an asset.
- Possess at the least a High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
- Diploma in Hotel management an asset.
- Second or third language an asset.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.