Job description / Role
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Provide technical reviews of Contractor's Safety and Loss Prevention related engineering design deliverables with respect to compliance to Saudi Aramco engineering standards and procedures, relevant industry standards and good engineering practices.
- Able to perform as a Technical Authority in the Safety and Loss Prevention discipline. Sufficient experience to understand and communicate project critical issues to other engineering specialist after meetings and discussions.
- Support quality improvement in Contractor's Safety and Loss Prevention Engineering team by leveraging experience and good engineering practices.
- Interface with Saudi Aramco Loss Prevention Discipline Specialists and Project Management Team to support or resolve technical issues and queries.
- Mentor Young Saudi Engineers
- Support of other Aramco Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve technical issues and ensure good quality Engineering execution and design integrity
- Review of Contractor's Safety and Loss Prevention engineering design deliverables, design selection and system integration to ensure compliance with project specifications, Saudi Aramco engineering standards and procedures, relevant international standards and good engineering practices.
- Participate and contribute expertise during applicable Value Improvement Practices and Technical Review workshops (HAZID, HAZOP, Value Engineering Workshops etc)
- Participate in Contractor's quality improvement initiatives.
- Support development and update of Project Management Services (PMS) processes and procedures.
- Support development of technical bulletins and various improvements initiatives towards planning and execution of Saudi Aramco projects
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline specialists.
- Provide mentor's role to develop KSA Nationals and junior engineers.
- Provide technical input as required in development of new specifications and updating of existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
- Support technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
- Reports directly to Design Coordinator and interfaces with PMS Discipline Specialists.
- Interfaces with Contractor Engineering Management and Lead and Senior Engineer discipline counterparts.
- Interfaces with Saudi Aramco Project Management Team and Discipline Specialist
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority
- Responsible for influencing, coordinating, and managing all Telecom engineering related activities within PMS.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple project reviews simultaneously to meet tight deadlines
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years of project relevant experience in oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in Safety and Loss Prevention Engineering.
- 10 years' experience in a Safety and Loss Prevention Engineer role either with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMS/PMT, International EPC or Design Contractor organizations.
- Held Lead or Principal Safety and Loss Prevention Engineering roles on onshore oil and gas industry projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards. Previous experience with Saudi Aramco standards/projects will be an asset.
- Experience with developing Safety and Loss Prevention project design deliverables during Feasibility, Conceptual and Detail Design Engineering stages such as HSE Philosophy, Fire Protection Philosophy, Fire Protection P&ID's, Fire and Gas Detector Layouts, Fire and Gas Cause and Effects, Fire Water Demand Calculations, Safety Equipment Datasheets and Layouts and Hazardous Area Classifications etc.
- Experience with developing the SOW and reviewing Safety and HSE related subcontracted study reports for EIA, QRA, Dispersion Radiation and Explosion etc.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).