Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Safety Consultant is responsible for ensuring that guests and employees are safe in hotels premises. This includes creating and enforcing safety policies, responding to emergencies, and conducting drills, must be able to think on his feet and handle difficult situations calmly and effectively.
He is also responsible to develop and implement safety policies and procedures, and monitor compliance with those policies, also investigate any accidents or incidents that occur in the hotel.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure safety of guests, staff and property.
- Develop and implement safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular safety audits.
- Coordinate with local law enforcement and emergency services.
- May require references to change, inspect, and test all safety gear on the premises that are used.
- Developing positive working relationships with management and other departments' personnel.
- Hotel safety inspections are conducted regularly by the safety department to ensure that the safety of guests and employees is maintained.
- Train staff in safety procedures to ensure the safety of all clients.
- Compare the diverse problems confronted by the safety Department and brainstorm potential solutions.
- Design & develop techniques to prevent or minimize waste, theft or pilferage.
- Assisting the team by making sure that they are doing their tasks correctly.
- Staying up to date with world news, current events, and hospitality safety trends and other duties.
- Arrange regular safety meetings to discuss any issues that arose during the day.
- Good organizational skills and attentive to detail.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Advanced training or certification in safety preferred.
- Associates degree in Hospitality is preferred Previous experience in a luxury environment is an asset
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Energetic individual who is able to prioritize to complete many diverse tasks concurrently
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.