Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Safety Engineer to join the Unconventional Resources Gas Operations Department for its Quality Assurance & Compliance Group is responsible for providing Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) support to the department's ongoing operations and project support. The primary role of the Safety Engineer is the development, maintenance and implementation of the company safety management system, environmental management system and support project activities during detail design, construction and commissioning phase of the project. You must be knowledgeable of Saudi Aramco compliance standards, Safety Management System, best practice and industry standards that relate to the department's operation. The position requires a wide knowledge of hydrocarbon gas operations, field safety inspections and audits, development and implementation of emergency response plan and drills, PSSR, SIMOPs, Incident and near miss reporting and investigation, root cause analysis. As a subject-matter expert, you will coach and mentor other safety/compliance staff within the team.
- Provide advice and consultation to department staff to assist them in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with environmental/safety regulations, standards and practices. - Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Undertake surveys to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions. - Participate in various process safety studies/activities, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, PSSR, SIMOPs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys. Participate in or lead risk studies or conduct consequence analyses. - Review engineering designs for compliance with company and industry safety standards. - Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. - Provide advice and counsel concerning compliance with corporate safety regulation and procedures. - Perform construction site and/or area safety inspections of department facilities and operations. - Perform work permit reviews, behavior-based safety inspections, job site safety compliance inspections, including hazard analyses and safe work procedures, and prepare written reports and recommendations. - Develop controls for identified hazards. - Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analyses. - Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place incidents and injuries. - Prepare safety orientations, safety training and job site inspection procedures. Direct or assist in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conduct specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information. - Assist local management in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation. - Organize and participate in Safe Management Committee meetings. - Review and analyze injury, property damage, and statistical loss data and work with management to prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards. - Incorporate essential safety requirements in all purchasing and contracting actions. - Respond to emergency situations and incidents, either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice. - Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs, to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations. Act as a mentor to other OE/compliance engineers. - Participate in contractor prequalification evaluation activities and review contractor safety submittals for compliance to corporate requirements. - Recommend the purchase of safety equipment, related supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with established company requirements. - Maintain awareness of corporate safety and environmental requirements and make recommendations for their implementation. - Assist management with monitoring adherence to department safety and environmental programs by employees and contractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Health and Safety, an environmental discipline (science or engineering), and/or another engineering discipline from a recognized and accredited program.
- An advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of ten (15) years' experience in health and safety
- Minimum of ten (10) years of oil and gas experience
- You must have knowledge or training in occupational health, safety and environmental compliance within oil/gas or petrochemical industry.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.