Job description / Role
Principal Objective: A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position:
- The Safety Engineer will be responsible for reviewing and implementation of the Contractor's safety programs and activities.
- Responsible for providing advice on various safety aspects to the contractor's personnel, and for encouraging Contractors to pursue safe work practices and to maintain safe conditions at their work sites and ensure their compliance with health and safety procedures and legislation. Investigates and prepares reports on accidents with emphasis on prevention and/or recurrence.
- A brief synopsis of reporting relationships; i.e., reports to, supports section, group, etc.; interfaces with senior management, clients, etc.
- Reports to the Manager of Construction/Safety and coordinates with other members of JCPDI projects staff.
- Ensures that safety inspection reports are disseminated to the concerned Senior Resident Construction Managers, SRCEs, and RCEs, and that reports on accidents involving fatalities or serious injuries are compiled and furnished through the Construction Department to the concerned RC/MSC Departments.
Major Activities Performed: List the major job function(s) of the position.
- Conducts construction site inspections with the Contractor's Safety Manager/Engineer and personnel on a daily/weekly basis as required; and reviews the report with the Contractors' Construction Manager/Engineer and other RC/MSC Safety Manager and/or Safety Engineers.
- Sees and recognizes job hazards and notifies the concerned Contractors' Safety/Manager/Engineer and the SRCM/SRCE/SCE of unsafe construction practices, situation or conditions at the construction site.
- Investigates all on-site accidents, identifies elements of the accident, near miss and unsafe conditions and acts that may lead to accidents, and determines root cause/reason for the accident and steps to be taken to prevent recurrence.
- Participates in the training of the Contractors' safety staff on safe work practices.
- Prepares reports on constructions' safety violations and distributes the reports to the concerned SRCM/SRCE/RCE.
Jazan (Remote Location - Single Visa Status)
- Minimum 10 years experience.
- Must have OHSAS or NEBOSH qualification.
- Must have an Engineering Degree from Europe.
- Must be residing in Saudi Arabia (w’ Transferable Iqama).
(Ability to communicate effectively in writing and speaking of English Language is essential to prepare a variety of reports & Strong knowledge of computers skills and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills).
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
HSE Engineer - High Rise
Al Baddad Capital
Health and Safety Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
MAYKS HR Consulting