Safety, Health and Environment Lead
Rider Levett Bucknall
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Overview of Role:
We are a sector focused business actively operating and delivering within the Commercial, Residential, Education, Data Centre, Mixed Use, Sports, Retail and Defence & Aerospace sectors. Our team works in close contact with clients, advising them on design and assurance activities for the client and their customers.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar consultancy or client environment. The role will lead the Safety, Health & Environment elements of the handover and acceptance of Al Majma’ah facilities and associated infrastructure on behalf of the client.
The role will be responsible for providing competent and comprehensive SHE advice that supports the client achieve it’s SHE obligations leading to safe acceptance, handover, occupancy and use of facilities and associated infrastructure.
The role involves leading and supporting a range of complex activities, requiring the role holder to plan, deliver and deploy appropriate SHE interventions in support of business aims, targets and objectives.
The role holder is responsible for providing competent SHE advice and supporting the acceptance and handover of facilities to enable the client and managers to fulfil their duty of care.
The role holder will:
Develop, maintain and deploy elements of the management system that support the acceptance activities such as:
• General workplace risk assessments
• Fire risk assessments
• KPI’s etc.
Provide competent and comprehensive SHE governance, advice and support to enable the safe handover of facilities such as:
• CE evaluation and acceptance
• Evacuation and emergency arrangements
• Welfare arrangements etc.
Provide robust, impartial and independent SHE advice for determining compliance with all relevant legal, client operational framework and SHE Management System requirements.
The role holder will be a key interface with the projects team and external stakeholders (such as regulators, suppliers, professional bodies and customers).
Monitor the effectiveness, and provide regular reports, on all of the above to relevant stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• A strong ability to influence and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Effective communication skills to be able to negotiate internally and externally across a range of levels and with high-level sensitivity to multiple audiences.
• Able to solve problems and make decisions in a dynamic way. The role requires analytical thought to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, demonstration of sound commercial awareness during decision making and the ability to apply skills and knowledge to a range of problems and issues.
• In depth knowledge of international standards and regulations e.g. CE marking requirements, DSEAR, PUWER and The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations is required.
The role holder should hold more than one of the following QCF/NQF Level 3/5 (or higher) SHE qualifications:
• NEBOSH General Certificate (or IGC)
• NEBOSH Fire Certificate (L3)
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate (L3)
• NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (L6)
• Level 5 NVQ in Occupational Safety and Health Practice
• Level 6 NCRQ Diploma in Applied Health and Safety
• Health and Safety Honours Degree (Bachelors or Higher)
• Equivalent or higher qualification in a Health and Safety subject.
• A minimum of five years post-qualification experience in applying SHE knowledge and processes in work-related situations.
• Chartered membership of appropriate professional safety, health and/ or environmental institution is desirable.
• Able to demonstrate they have the appropriate qualifications and experience and are eligible to register with the the MHRSD as either an Occupational Health & Safety Professional or Practitioner as per the requirements of Ministerial Decision 76509.
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.