Job description / Role
A major contracting company looking for a Safety Officer to ensure that construction workers are following the established policies and safety regulations, and to help to create safer construction sites, and to Support the development of OHS policies and programs, and also to Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
Some of Safety Officer tasks:
• Understand the HS&E requirements of the OSHA standards, and ensure all project personnel comply with these requirements.
• Co-ordinate and implement the safety Program activities, also is responsible for day to day implementation of all safety matters.
• Ensure that all foremen and supervisors are aware of safety and health requirements before commencing their work.
• Inspect the work site daily and correct unsafe methods and conditions. Keep a record daily and report to HS&E Manager & project Manager when necessary.
• Advising staff and others of existing and potential hazards to safety and health at relevant places of work.
• Inspecting and reporting on relevant places of work in compliance with the procedure for inspections.
• Investigating accidents at relevant places of work and reporting and making recommendations to avoid recurrences,
• Promoting training in training safety matters at all levels throughout the relevant places of work.
• Liaise with management to ensure that subcontractors and others using premises for which the company is responsible, will be employing safe systems of work.
• Keep records of all injuries, fires, motor vehicle accidents property damage and crane or heavy equipment accidents that have occurred at the site.
• Keep a record of all weekly safety meetings on site, complete with subject discussed and a signed list of attendees.
• To carry out any other tasks which the manager may request it
• Proven experience as safety officer minimum 3 years.
• Ddepth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
• Outstanding organizational skills
About the Company
Horizon Contracting Company is one of the National Companies which has played a great role in the field of buildings & constructions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it is still playing this role which is a source of pride for the interest of development and national economy.
Horizon Contracting established in 1399 AH (1979 AD) as it carried out several large projects which has witnessed the rapid of continuous development for the welfare of the Kingdom in the field of construction and for serving several government and private sectors as well as individuals.
Horizon Contracting assumes the execution of giant projects utilizing and adopting the latest techniques and financial and administrative execution approaches as well as the state-of-art computer programs and applications. Moreover, Horizon Contracting applies the latest quality control systems which enables it to carry out the project’s technical specifications at its best execution. In Horizon Contracting execution of projects does not only mean execution quality, but it also means enriching both the aesthetic and architectural aspects of the projects. Horizon’s projects have been supervised by the most trusted consultancy & engineering offices and entities. Horizon Contracting Company is keen to promote the engineering work and always endeavor to adopt modern policies & systems for the management and execution of projects and look beyond plans, programs, and time schedules for to spot the execution real problems and take the appropriate decision.
Horizon Contracting Company always ensure that the required materials for the projects are available on both the right time and the right place. Horizon with the cumulative knowledge and experience seeks to minimize the execution time after a deep study as it knows how and where the reduction shall lie and it knows the immediate impact on the project’s cost.