Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. As Safety Officer you will prevent accidents, respond to emergencies and evaluate the effectiveness of the company's safety programs.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Reporting to Cluster Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and assess hazards, risks and control measures for a specific operation or process.
- Conduct ongoing review of operations and processes to identify potential hazards, risks and control measures that should be implemented to reduce these risks, including all costs involved in implementing such measures.
- Assess and document hazards, risks and controls in a manner consistent with established procedures and practices.
- Set up and supervising temporary work areas.
- Supervise the safe handling, storage & disposal of hazardous materials.
- Supervise the operation of any potential hazards in the workplace.
- Improve workplace safety and employee productivity by transitioning from manual safety procedures to digital platform.
- Ensure that all company employees meet all safety requirements.
- Ensure that health, safety, and environmental policies are followed.
- Investigate workplace accidents and injuries and refer them to the proper authorities.
- Fluent in English or Arabic (written and oral)
- Minimum of 2 years safety experience, preferably within a hotel environment.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Service focused personality is essential; customer related experience an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Must be physically capable of meeting the very physical demands of the position.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
- Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.