Job description / Role
Excellent career development opportunity with promotion opportunities!
POSITION: Safety Officer
START DATE: October 2020
PACKAGE: Competitive salary and leave offered, housing, flight allowance and full medical insurance
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Safety Officer plays a major role for the staff safety, security, and adherence to codes of conduct.
• You maintain a positive overall impression, have great stamina, a positive attitude, and a dedication to excellence
• You are responsible for the development and implementation of action plans to provide a safe environment.
• You are conducting regular fire, emergency and safety checks and drills in the residences in consultation with Security personnel.
• You are managing company property including the fleet of vehicles, producing paperwork and reports as necessary and compiling documentation required for the issue and compliance of security cards
• You are communicating frequently with staff and senior management and external partners in a professional and respectful manner and play an important role in addressing special requests or problems
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must have full and clean international driver’s license
• Certification in security/close protection
• First Aid certification
• Minimum 5 years experience in security department of a 5-star hotel
• MS Office (including Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Excel) proficiency
• Previous experience in L&D or staff welfare/support positions preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of security procedures
• A flexible approach towards working hours is required
• Must have fluent English communication skills and have numerical literacy
• Fluency in Arabic would be preferred but not essential
• Very high attention to detail at all time
• Ability to develop rapport within a short time frame
• Neat personal presentation
• Performing all duties with the sense of priority and dedication, serving in a calm, discrete and courteous manner whilst respecting timing standards
• Ability to work unsupervised, in a large team and take direction
• Absolute honesty, integrity, and reliability
Non Smoker and no visible Tattoos
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please read the full job description very carefully and ensure you meet all the criteria listed before applying. If your application meets all the criteria shall the Crew Specialist managing the position be in touch further via email/phone.
About the Company
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.