Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Safety Supervisor is responsible for implementing safety and risk management processes for hotel to deliver a safe guests and employee's experience.
Safety Supervisor will also be required to carry out full investigations and audit the hotel to ensure health and safety compliance.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager with managing health and safety, fire safety, public health, and disability within allocated hotels.
- Implement safety risk management practices in line with the company's health and safety policy.
- Assist in the reduction of guest complaints relating to health and safety, fire safety..
- Work with Health and Safety Manager in reducing guest civil claims.
- Audit the hotel to confirm Health and Safety compliance.
- Train Health and Safety issues to managers, supervisors and colleagues, confirming with the Health and Safety Manager when appropriate
- Liaise with outside contractors and sales staff on matters of Health and Safety.
- Assist the facilities department in monitoring contractors and enforcing Health and Safety standards as required.
- Carry out full accident investigations to include the collection of evidence, interviewing of staff and obtaining witness statements.
- Liaise with facilities department to test fire and sprinkler systems and ensure they are on track with fire detection/prevention measures.
- Carry out weekly fire tours of the hotel, noting deficiencies and reporting to facilities.
- Monitor and document results following safety audits.
- Carry out fire training on a three and six monthly basis provide records of attendance.
- Good organizational skills and attentive to detail.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Advanced training or certification in safety preferred.
- Associates degree in Hospitality is preferred Previous experience in a luxury environment is an asset
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Energetic individual who is able to prioritize to complete many diverse tasks concurrently
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.