Job description / Role
Safron Demi Chef de Partie
Are you a passionate foodie who is not afraid of thinking outside the box? Then, we have the job for you! As a Safron Demi Chef de Partie, you will be a member of the Safron Kitchen brigade.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Ensure consistency and highest quality in food taste, temperature and presentation
- Ensure the quality and cleanliness of all food displays with maximum creativity
- Coordinate all Restaurant / Banquet / food production, and all specific duties to chefs and other staff under his/her supervision
- Check all set-ups for restaurant and banquet functions. Responsible for the correct timing during service and that food served is always of the highest standards
- Monitor and implement portion control established with the recipe cards and the butcher test; minimise waste and spoilage
- Check stores and refrigerators and oversee proper storage and recycling of leftovers
- Ensure effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments
- Work closely with receiving and storeroom to ensure received goods meet Hotel's quality standards specifications
- Supervise food tasting sessions and guide chefs for new menu implementation
- Attend meetings with Executive Chef to discuss future business strategy and review ongoing action plan progress, and other departmental meetings as required
- Update menu recipe cards and menu planning for promotions
- Conduct staff training and on-the-job training on kitchen skills and new menu items
- Guide employee orientation for new hires
- Ensure staff adhere to hotel regulations re: fire, safety and emergency procedures
- Maintain proper controls over purchase orders and requisitions
- Monitor monthly food inventory turnover and slow moving items
- Ensure purchasing, receiving and all storage are efficiently handled
- Review food cost analysis on a daily basis to in line with budget and forecast
- Follow HACCP guidelines and ensure that staff comply with HACCP guidelines
- Works closely with Chief Steward to monitor and ensure that all cleaning is properly conducted and according to schedule
- Recommend promotions, transfers of staff to various outlets for Executive Chef approval
- Monitor staff schedules for the assigned outlets
- Conduct section / departmental meetings and staff daily briefings
- Manage staff appraisal process
- Responsible for proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the assigned F&B outlets
- Assign specific duties to all employees, instruct them in their work and communicate with Chefs on all aspects of the kitchen management
- Communicate with the Chefs on guest-related activities and comments, solving any problems directly, efficiently and effectively to the best of his/her judgment
- Attend all meetings which fall under his/her jurisdiction, follow directives given
- Recommend to Chefs changes in kitchen equipment and organizational structure and relays any recommendations from the rest of the kitchen brigade
- Keep ahead of trade practices in the food service industry through trade magazines, competitive surveys and other aids
- Prevent the usage of spoiled or contaminated products in any phase of food preparation and prevent unwell employees from taking part in the preparation or handling of food
- Build guest loyalty and develop professional relationships with regular guests
- Continually improve product and obtain feedback from guest and patrons
Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential and previous leadership experience required
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
- Prior experience in Thai kitchen Cuisines
Your team and working environment:
Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience.
Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At
Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla'snature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.