Job description / Role
Reporting to the General Manager, the Sales Manager is responsible for building and maintaining strong professional relationships with selected key clients ensuring visibility, achievement of sales targets and delivery of high-quality customer service with the Sales Team. He/she is also responsible for building, training, supervising and motivating a team of Sales Supervisors.
Functions and Responsibilities
Establishes sales objectives by forecasting, developing and monitoring annual sales quotas for regions and account; projecting expected sales volume for existing and new products and doors
- Working closely with KAM, define the yearly/ monthly sales projection based on market trend, sales history by line and customer.
- Implements sales program by developing field sales action plan, to be reviewed on a daily basis.
- Provide daily sales monitoring report for his/her region (sell out and sell in by LOB), running corrective action in coordination with KAM and Marketing Manager when needed.
- Submit commission scheme on a monthly basis to be verified and approved by both GM and Finance.
- Verify and approve all purchase orders submitted by sales supervisor before processing.
- Monitor stock availability, in coordination with back office, advising back office with any special requirement based on sales opportunity.
- Ageing stock monitoring, developing action plan with KAM
In store Excellence
With an objective to strength the brand position as a story teller, insuring best implementation as per brand merchandising guide line
- Ensure that his/her team has solid store data base (shelve space, visual size)
- Ensure that his/her sales team do have monthly and updated planogram from the local marketing team
- Ensure that tester, shelve plaquette and tester stand are available at all time where allowed, placing need order when needed.
- Perform regular check visits to ensure that all verified merchandising layouts are implemented
Managing the sales team
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing or applying a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, filed visits
- Implement an appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan
- Update sales team bio data on monthly basis
- BA allocation in coordination with CM based on set criteria
- Responsible of managing his/her account respecting set guide lines (gross margin, payment term, credit limit, collection)
- Review the customer aging on weekly basis, providing the GM & Finance with collection process status
- Matching account on quarterly basis.
- Insure right classification and grouping based on set criteria
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
Collaboration with Marketing team
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programmed plans.
- Follow the Set-up watch process set by Marketing Manager, by which the sales reps send information on competition activities via email on monthly basis: pictures & comments on the new launch/promotion and ideally some quantitative data.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.