Job description / Role
Sales Manager (Be Part of our Talent Pipeline)
• Prepare weekly and monthly sales reports, in line with the format & parameters advised by the management
• Identify proper prospects and update through the system package.
The position is required to grow the company’s commercial business within the assigned territory. This role will be responsible for selling international logistics management services, which must be in accordance with the corporate objectives, such as revenue and profit targets, product growth etc., to clients. Specific duties include (but not limited to):
• Find and develop qualified leads, and thereafter convert them into prospects and customers.
• Engage prospects and customers by selling the company’s products and services, thus furthering relationships. The manager should be focused on bringing on new clients (not including lost clients).
• Maintain a steady line of communication but making periodic courtesy calls to customers and serve as a point of contact for prospects and customers.
• Achieve the annual growth targets (revenue, profit, volume) as agreed with management.
• Must be capable of closing business independently.
• Understand competitive landscape and internal cost structure to offer profitable pricing.
• Direct and assist Customer Service/ Sales Support teams for on-going rate quotations.
• Establish SOPs for customer service and operations teams to handle new accounts.
• Evaluate customer’s need for credit and complete credit application documentation (if needed), as per credit control department.
• Ensure that the sales team follows up on leads generated by overseas and domestic offices. Provide regular updates till closure.
• Ensure DSO is within given KPI for Team & Self
Trade Lane Management:
• Develop Sales priorities/targets (volume/price) and business plan for assigned trade lane(s).
• Provide input for annual Trade Lane budgeting
• Formulate and coordinate development opportunities between local and overseas Sales management
• Steer local Sales force by identifying opportunities on assigned trade lane(s), launching, managing Sales campaigns and driving volume/density initiatives on assigned trade lane(s)
• Provide selling tools for assigned lanes such as benchmarking and selling kit for Sales
• Acts as consultant and subject matter expert to Sales
• Establish and agree Trade Lane must-win customer list together with Sales and Products
• Manage pipeline size and hit ratio on assigned trade lane(s)
• Interface with Sales Team on focus lanes (provide input on strategic relevance of the customer which is related to the must-wins)
• Prepare monthly reporting/monitoring/root cause analysis of Trade Lane performance.
• Develop action plan where targets are not met.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
• At least 10 years of experience within the industry
• At least 6 years of experience in the local market
• Ability to communicate in English fluently. Knowledge of Arabic and Hindi is an advantage.
• MS Office Suite (Power Point, Excel and Word).
• Analytical Skills: Uses intuition and experience to compliment data.
• Interpersonal Skills: A dynamic personality that focuses on solving conflict and building relationships
• Leadership Skills: Ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve their goals
• Teamwork & Adaptability: Works well with others, balancing team and individual responsibilities.
• Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, adapting to best fit a situation.
• Quality Management: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen & Cost Consciousness: Understands business implications of decisions, working within budgets and contributing to the bottom line.
• Ethics: Works with integrity and ethically.
• Motivated & Efficient: Takes initiative in a given situation and displays willingness to make accurate and timely decisions.
• Reliability: Adhering to managements direction and flexible in order to meet goals.
About the Company
We're an International Freight Forwarding Company offering a multitude of services to meet your business needs. We believe in delivering logistical services on time. That's why customers in over 30 countries around the world rely on our expertise to manage their day to day logistic needs.
Established in 1988, we started out with a vision to deliver exceptional customer value with a zeal for service. This vision has helped us evolve and expand the business over the last 25 years. We have offices located in all the key markets across the world and enjoy a network of exclusive partnerships in every major city, port and hub. Our global presence ensures that our customers enjoy a seamless service experience everywhere, every time and in every country.
Our extensive portfolio of services, rapidly increasing geographical coverage and systematic operations have helped us establish ourselves as one of the leading International Freight Forwarders in the world.
|Saudi Arabia||27 Mar|
National Sales Manager
|Saudi Arabia||27 Mar|
Business Development Manager (BMS/Smart Systems/Home Automation)
Talal Abu Ghazaleh Recruitment & Human Resources Development
|Saudi Arabia||23 Apr|
Business Development Manager in a Massive Company
|Saudi Arabia||13 Jul|