Job description / Role
Our client, a freight forwarding company established in Saudi Arabia requires a Sales Manager for Jeddah and one for Riyadh. The position is required to grow the company’s commercial business in freight forwarding, Full Container Load (FCL) and Less Container Load (LCL) within the western and central region of KSA.
This role will be responsible for selling international logistics management services, which must be in accordance with the corporate objectives.
• Find and develop qualified leads, and thereafter convert them into prospects and customers.
• Engage prospects and customers by selling the company’s products and services, thus furthering relationships. The manager should be focused on bringing on new clients (not including lost clients).
• Maintain a steady line of communication but making periodic courtesy calls to customers and serve as a point of contact for prospects and customers.
• Must be capable of closing business independently.
• Understand competitive landscape and internal cost structure to offer profitable pricing.
• Direct and assist Customer Service/ Sales Support teams for on-going rate quotations. Establish SOPs for customer service and operations teams to handle new accounts.
• Evaluate customer’s need for credit and complete credit application documentation (if needed), as per credit control department.
• Ensure that the sales team follows up on leads generated by overseas and domestic offices. Provide regular updates till closure.
A large part of the role is for trade lane management whereby the main responsibilities will be to develop Sales priorities/targets (volume/price) and business plan for assigned trade lane(s). Provide input for annual Trade Lane budgeting and formulate and coordinate development opportunities between local and overseas Sales management. Steer local Sales force by identifying opportunities on assigned trade lane(s), launching, managing Sales campaigns and driving volume / density initiatives on assigned trade lane(s). Establish and agree Trade Lane must-win customer list together with Sales and Products and then manage the pipeline size and hit ratio on assigned trade lane(s).
SAR 18,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Benefits & Commission
• Suitable candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, with at least 10 years of experience within the industry and at least 6 years of experience in the local market.
• Ability to communicate in English fluently. Knowledge of Arabic and Hindi is an advantage.
• MS Office Suite (Power Point, Excel and Word).
Successful candidates will have the following competencies:
• Analytical Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Leadership Skills, Teamwork & Adaptability, Quality Management, Business Acumen & Cost Consciousness, Ethics, Motivated & Efficient and Reliable.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.
BAC Middle East
|Saudi Arabia||4 Sep|
Marketing & Sales Manager (Petrochemicals)
Global Bankers Search and Selection
Business Development Manager
|Saudi Arabia||27 Aug|