Job description / Role
The Sales Manager is managing a portfolio of corporate Accounts identified as Key and Business Development International Clients, with whom he / she is in charge of developing partnership and business opportunities. The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives to achieve personal sales goals.
- Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum production to meet set target. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is done in timely manner.
- Worldwide and follow the sales process through to convert into 'producing' accounts.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that all accounts are properly updated in Opera and that the system is utilized to its full capacity. Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. Understand and be in a position to action any group and event enquiry and ensure accurate hand over for follow up to Inspired Meeting team.
- To actively support both: the Sales Executive and Sales Co-coordinator to assist them to carry out their roles effectively (i.e. by ensuring there are enough sales kits available for the week)
- To ensure that the morning briefing takes place at 8.00 am daily and is attended by Sales Executive and Sales Coordinator as well as Inspired Meeting team members.
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service. Ensure accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client.
- Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times. Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to ADOS/DOSM.
- To arrange and manage familiarization / educational trips in line with business needs.
- Participate in Duty Management Shifts as required.
- Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in Delphi and communicating to Inspired Meeting Manager for further follow up.
- Entertain clients and potential clients in hotel outlets to showcase our property and special "Savoir Faire".
Partnerships & Business developer
The Sales Manager is the client's central point of contact. He is Accor's corporate representative.
- Bringing differentiating value by providing insights, market expertise and innovative solutions on hospitality services through active watch of the business global trends
- In charge of developing / strengthening a real business partnership with this client
- In charge of insuring a proper delivery of the engagements agreed with the customer.
- The Sales Manager is responsible for increasing Accor's presence in all relevant parts of the Client's organization
- Developing close relationships with key decision makers
- Meeting with the Client's decision makers in the key geographic areas
- Presenting Accor's value proposition, strategic directions and the actions planned to enforce the business partnership
- He is also in charge of developing relationships with the Client's third parties ecosystem to influence positively Accor's position (with this Client).
- TMC, consultant, travel agency, RFP and online booking tool providers, and other players related to travel management (airlines, car rental...)
Account strategy & global coordinator
The Sales Manager is in charge of carrying the account strategy:
- In its definition
- In its implementation
He is the Account Leader, working with a team of contributors located in the Customer's key areas (in terms of decision centers and destinations) in order to:
- Secure and strengthen the existing business relationship
- Develop Account penetration and detect new business opportunities (by intensifying contact and creating leverages)
- Implement the terms of the agreement signed with the client
In that perspective, he is responsible to:
- Define the mid - term development & action plan, using Accor's methodology & processes
- Mobilize and drive key contributors towards the objectives, implementing the strategic & tactical plans
This role has an important transversal management dimension, requiring:
- To identify key contributors to be involved
- To mobilize and coordinate them through internal meetings and business reviews
- To closely collaborate with other players involved the Customer's experience: operations / hotel managers, revenue management, distribution, booking etc.
- To communicate to all of them all necessary information related to the Client context
The Sales Manager is responsible for the economic results of his / her account (achievement of objectives):
- Based on the forecast and objectives agreed with his / her superior, the Sr. Sales Manager is in charge of monitoring the economic performance of the account, and to take the actions necessary to reach these objectives.
- He is in charge of developing a long term profitable relationships with this client, which implies:
- Being able to define the right commercial strategy (in line with target revenue and margin)
- Defining a business proposal aligned with the client's needs and expectations
- He identifies and defines the best possible pre RFP strategy, ensuring a comprehensive knowledge about the real motivation and the key players in the expected tender process
- He is in charge of mobilizing all needed internal and external players to :
- Insure a successful submission of Accor's value proposition during the RFI and RFP phases.
- Insure selection and deal closings.
- He/she is in charge of leading negotiations supported by key contributors.
- Analysis of local market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads
- Develop customer accounts and travel within the local area to drive business into the hotel and to increase market/customer share in all revenue streams
- Negotiate room rates/packages with corporate clients
- Develop and implement creative local marketing channels, including social media channels
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
- Work within current business strategies and recognise potential opportunities
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel to create an exceptional guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs
- Attend Sales events as required
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Director of Sales and senior management to include the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads
- Answer customer queries in a prompt and professional manner
- Manage staff performance in compliance with company policies and procedure.
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Managing Sales Activities
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
- Gains understanding of the location's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Supports the company's service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
- Executes and supports the company's customer service standards.
- Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sales Manager - Wood Industry
MAYKS HR Consulting