Job description / Role
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
We're looking for passionate sales enthusiasts who are in the early years of their careers and want to hone their skills to become a subject matter expert for one of the world's most valuable brands.
If you have up to three years' of work experience post university, consider the one year SAP Presales Academy program for world-class training and the skills to catapult you into a successful career in the cloud IT space. This program is your opportunity to engage with customers, help solve their unique business challenges and take them into the digital age, using cutting edge cloud based products, solutions and services!
Your journey will start with 4 weeks of onboarding at your local SAP office before traveling to sunny Silicon Valley, California, for 6 months of classroom-style learning in our world-class training center. Together with colleagues from all over the world you will participate in an experiential learning curriculum that includes presentations, role plays, team competitions, Design Thinking, Gamification, social selling and more. A senior Presales Executive will mentor you when you return home for 5 months of on-the-job learning. You will be set up for success and supported to achieve it.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
- Become an expert on one or several SAP solutions
- Create and deliver high impact, engaging software demonstrations that compel the customer to select SAP
- Support demand generation activities by staffing marketing events
- Provide deal execution support by responding to requests for proposals
- Lead customer discovery and site survey activities to uncover business challenges and opportunities for innovation
- Assist with post sale customer care engagements
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Information Systems
- Fluent in English and local language, written and spoken
- Demonstrated leadership and proven record of success in (extra-) curricular activities
- Strong communication skills coupled with an aptitude and passion for public speaking
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills who is eager to learn and creative
- Possess a strong desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced sales organization
- Technically oriented possessing an aptitude for rapidly learning complex software applications
- Possess strong business aptitude
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and distill complex topics in the form of a presentation
- Maximum of 3 years' work experience preferably in a technology company or in a role with significant exposure to software/technology solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business processes and industries (such as Manufacturing, Consumer Products, Professional Services, Retail etc.)
General information: All non-US-citizens need a visa or ESTA travel authorization to enter the US for the training. If you are selected, SAP will assist you in the visa application process. Note: "Generally speaking, a prior arrest, citation, charge, indictment, conviction, or imprisonment for breaking or violating any laws (even if pardoned or expunged) may impact and/or delay an individual's ability to enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA) and/or secure a U.S. visa."
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.