Job description / Role
Job Purpose & Scope
- The M&E Team Lead will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Technical Design Unit (TDU) located in the Clients Engineering Design Agency offices. He/she will assist in developing a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the TDU in their review of Oil & Gas Engineering FEL deliverables. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing Design Agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and specification / standards governance issues.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Engineer [Lead] will report to and work under the direction and administrative supervision of the Design Manager / Coordinator. Technical guidance will be provided by Technical Design Unit SME's. The M&E Engineer [Lead] will coordinate and work with a Design Performance Team.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality with stakeholders.
- Administer the M&E database; analyze and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, FEL stage gate project review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project to provide advice to the Project Management Teams on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Assist in the development of the overall framework, for project M&E, for example FEL stage gate project review, impact assessment, final evaluation and developing the project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that maybe required.
- Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
- Reporting to Design Performance Team
- Interface with:
• PMS Team - Engineering
• Contractor Project Management Team, Engineering Team
• Client Integrated & Project Management Teams
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision
- Able to make judgement in making decisions and solve problems; knows when to seek advice.
- Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent related field.
- 10 years post graduate experience.
- Basic knowledge of Oil & Gas FEL project implementation.
- Knowledge of: Performance Management - Continuous improvement techniques and practices.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage.
- Good moderation, facilitation and training skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills and able to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Ability to build on relevant knowledge within and outside the organization as well as actively share her/his experience and expertise with colleagues and partners.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes :
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.