Job description / Role
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide planning and scheduling support required in the execution of major capital projects.
• Develop Project WBS (work breakdown structure) using the latest project planning and scheduling tools, eg Primavera.
• Provide technical assistance as subject matter experts on Construction site activities.
• Provide technical assistance in Oil & Gas Planning, Scheduling, Procurement and Design.
• Can Develop Level III Construction Schedules for the entire Program.
• Plans and provides work direction, as required, for the preparation of planning and scheduling Control Systems to provide Engineering and construction supervisors the means to evaluate and improve the efficiency of their project execution.
• Analyses Major Capital Project to plan the most effective execution sequence.
• Evaluates the planning and scheduling information collected from Project Management Teams or Contractors and advises Management of expectations to the plan and potential corrective action and/or impacts to the project.
• Review and monitor schedule and progress submitted by contractors during detailed design drawings, Procurement and construction.
• Discuss, coordinate and resolve long term and short-term planning and scheduling Problems with personal throughout the company and with contractor organizations.
• Deliver timely, accurate and sensitive project controls information that facilitates a clear understanding of the performance of the project in relation to planned performance targets.
Qualification and Experience
• Minimum of 12 years of related experience in Construction Project management in Oil and Gas industries.
• B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering is recommended by not mandatory.
• Excellent command of oral and written English.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance;
• Transportation allowance;
• 22 calendar days annual leave;
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Company gratuity scheme;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).