Job description / Role
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Conducts analysis and evaluation of portfolio of projects' schedules including trend analysis and suggests methods to improve construction productivity.
- Experienced in preparation of detailed plans and time-scaled charts and diagrams and development and analysis of man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules; and can identify schedule slippage or other unsatisfactory performance contributing to delays.
- Reviews and analyses data of projects under construction and provides an independent assessment of man-hours and timeline for completion.
- Analyses and reports on projects Key Performance Indictors related to projects schedule and suggest improvement initiatives. Overall understanding with KPIs as they relate to engineering and construction business.
- Experienced with projects benchmarking and understanding of project cost and schedule drivers.
- Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or delay assessments.
- Update and maintain projects database and conduct analysis utilizing a variety of analytic techniques/methodologies used in cost and schedule evaluation including Monte Carlo simulations in support of S-curve analysis generation with analytic findings.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry with knowledge of Engineering and Construction techniques and their impacts on project schedule.
- Exposure to oil and gas capital projects life cycle development including front-end engineering & design, procurement, construction, commissioning and close - out.
- Performs all scheduling engineering functions and keeps abreast of significant developments by close review of technical literature, occasional visits to areas of construction, and attendance at technical meetings.
- Primavera experience including projects database development and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., VBA development, advanced functions, pivot tables, goal seek, scenario development) and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).