Job description / Role
• Meet with the “biggest company in oil & gas” representative to collect initial information about the project requirements and scheduling.
• Provide the “biggest company in oil & gas” with a weekly progress report on the project development.
• Meet with other parties as necessary to gather all information possible in order to develop the program objectives and script.
• Perform research to develop program objectives and script items and to ensure technical and factual accuracy of the script.
• Conduct site visits and location scouting.
• Ensure that the primary language for all programs is English, unless specified otherwise in the program objectives, script, approved project proposal, production plan, program development request form and/or photo assignment request form.
• Obtain the “biggest company in oil & gas” approval of program objectives document prior to developing script.
• Format all scripts in a “two-column” script format with video or other program images indicated in the left column and audio including narration or dialogue, and notes regarding music, sound effects and/or other audio elements indicated in the right column.
• Write other items related to the project, as required or requested by “ the biggest company in oil & gas”.
• Submit to “ the biggest company in oil & gas” a primary language version of the program script, detailing the narrative, visuals and other required information needed for the production of each scene.
• Make all additions, deletions and any other changes and revisions to the script, as specified by“ the biggest company in oil & gas” and/or the designated project proponent until the script receives final approval from them.
SAR 12,000 to 17,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Research and write audiovisual program scripts on a wide variety of topics related to the business and public relations operations.
• Develop program objectives in close consultation with clients, consistent with corporate messaging guidelines.
• Develop scripts based on approved objectives and be responsible for any client-suggested modifications leading to final approval.
• Have motion picture/multi-media writing skills. Additional assignments may include scenarios, narratives, project proposals, and other technical writing tasks.
• Perform other related duties as requested or required.
• Meet the following Educational and/or Work Experience requirements:
• Minimum two (2) years of experience as Media Writer/ Editor/ Technical Writer in the energy / related industry environment.
• Demonstrated ability to grasp advanced scientific and technical concepts and express them in a clear, well-paced style suitable for general audiences. Work samples required.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited University in a specialty directly related to job assignment: Technical/ Creative Writing, Media Studies, and Multi-Media Production.
First Gulf Company
About the Company
Qudurat is a production house company. The company consists of shooting Drama, Corporate Films, Music Videos, Tv Programs, Documentaries & TVC's.
In addition the company provides production equipment for rental such as HD ob vans, broadcast cameras, studio equipment...